eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: About to post my first ever 'for sale' item

Forum Newbie
    All-About Manrich
    View Manrich's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default About to post my first ever 'for sale' item

G'day all
    I have only just signed up here at Ebid as I have a painting to sell. Testing the waters so to speak as I am new to painting also.
    Blimey i do sound new don't I?
    Anyhow I am hoping to ask if anyone can tell me what I ought to do before I go make the posting?
    I spent hours researching the internet and found here seems to be the best - specially due to the fact you all are so helpful and friendly...yes i have been looking here in the forums!
    I have my pictures ready to upload (1 i think i can use) as I am a basic seller.
    I have registered using my card.
    I don't get the how someone can pay bit - though i can look here some more and the answers probably in here somewhere.
    It is late so i shall look at the FAQ closer in the daytime.
    The postage - well erm that escapes me without knowing where to send until it is sold.
    I know here in Australia that I have to use a courier.The painting is 15cm too long.
    Anyway that's all for now
    blessings and thanks to all
    Manrich

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome to ebid. Good Luck for many sales.

Take a poke around the forums there are a lot of good listing tips and sales techniques.

Hi and welcome! Good luck with your listings. You will love it here. Nice and relaxing atmosphere with lots of friendly, helpful people!

Oldie Goddess

GODDESS COSMETICS AND BOUTIQUE
    http://us.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?mo=...s-and-boutique

SOUTHERN LADY RECORDS AND DVD
    http://us.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?mo=...ecords-and-dvd

Cambuslang, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View KAYS6912's Feedback (+245)
    All-About KAYS6912
    View KAYS6912's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Manrich View Post
    G'day all
    I have only just signed up here at Ebid as I have a painting to sell. Testing the waters so to speak as I am new to painting also.
    Blimey i do sound new don't I?
    Anyhow I am hoping to ask if anyone can tell me what I ought to do before I go make the posting?
    I spent hours researching the internet and found here seems to be the best - specially due to the fact you all are so helpful and friendly...yes i have been looking here in the forums!
    I have my pictures ready to upload (1 i think i can use) as I am a basic seller.
    I have registered using my card.
    I don't get the how someone can pay bit - though i can look here some more and the answers probably in here somewhere.
    It is late so i shall look at the FAQ closer in the daytime.
    The postage - well erm that escapes me without knowing where to send until it is sold.
    I know here in Australia that I have to use a courier.The painting is 15cm too long.
    Anyway that's all for now
    blessings and thanks to all
    Manrich
    Hi Manrich and welcome to eBid!

For payment purposes, it's up to you which payment methods to offer but most people go for Paypal. If you don't have an account, it's so simple to open one. Try this link:
    https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_logout
    I know it's got UK in there but chances are the site will transfer you to where you need to be! As for P&P costs, if you look at the listing page, there should be a Shipping calculator there (I'm assuming that there is one for Australia cos there's one for the UK). If not, go onto the Australia Post site :
    http://auspost.com.au/index.html
    and do a bit of research on there.

There are also loads of FAQs and help pages. You could also try this:
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/astral....and_tricks.htm

This site also contains loads of great info and was compiled by one of the members.

Hope this helps. But please do NOT hesitate to ask for help. Advice and assistance is very freely given on these forums.

Forgot to say - a good wee set of scales for weighing your items helps enormously too!
    Nancy
    Ceud měle f?*ilte!
    ‘A hundred thousand welcomes!’

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BARGAIN-BROWSER

GENERAL STORE

Harrogate, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View gbsbks2010's Feedback (+1964)
    All-About gbsbks2010
    View gbsbks2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello, and welcome!

I was new here 11 months ago, and if I had any questions I would ask here on the forums. You will get plenty of friendly advice.

I hope your sales do well.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

And not only do you get questions answered and all the help you will ever need whenever you need it but you also get to enjoy free, scintillating companionship from the likes of everybody here - no charges!

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    And not only do you get questions answered and all the help you will ever need whenever you need it but you also get to enjoy free, scintillating companionship from the likes of everybody here - no charges!
    LOL! Too true.

Do check the FAQs pages and any questions ask - that's what we're here for - that and the free drinks.

Paypal is used by a number of sellers, (myself included). Google checkout is also used - it has similar charges to Paypal from what I've heard - and Moneybookers is used by some sellers, though it's not yet integrated into eBid as Google checkout and Paypal are.

Good luck and best wishes for many sales to all,

Thread Information