Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I may be mad but . . .

Forum Lurker
    Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    View mira666's Feedback (+104)
    All-About mira666
    View mira666's Listings
    Forum Posts

The only reason I suggest it is that's what I have, a domain that points directly to my Ebid shop, that way all my online forum sigs and placements take ppl directly to my Ebid products
    Cameron aka Mira

Owner of Cyber Industry http://cyber-industry.ebid.net

Housemove Fund £24.20 - Target £1000.00

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    I said that on post 4 ------so at least 3 of us think it would be a viable alternative................................worth checking out maybe??

Ooops - so you did! I noticed that when I read it - should have said that you AND mira suggested it!

Thank you everyone for your imput it is very much appreciated.

Somersethedge - hi there, long time no see, I hope you and Pam are both doing well. I had thought of turning into a 'proper' business but the trouble is I would have to charge a ridiculous price ( eg £ 5.00 materials plus £10.00 labour) as each and most cards take a good couple of hours to make if not more. The one thing I have learned over the past year is that not many people are prepared to pay that amount when lovely boxed cards are available on the high street (even if they not personalised) for a lot less.

Lejoueurdepipeau & Mira- I could keep the site and change my subscription to a basic shop front with no checkout facilities which I think will cost me around £2.99 per month with my current provider. I will definately look into this as it could be the answer I'm looking for.

HerMajesty - Your right lol, the wild thing is definately coming out, but I can honestly say I'm not the impulsive type !! xx

Thank you everyone for your input - I genuinely appreciate it xxx

You've all been really helpful and i'm definately looking into pointing the domain towards ebid ( dont know how yet but i'll try and find out).
    Because it's occurred to me that I come up on page one on search engines for luxury handmade cards and the site gets good amount of traffic, so if they all end up coming to ebid they may stay and look around.
    I do hope though that having to register with ebid even if its just to buy wont put people off. xx

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Lesley, the handfasting card we bought from you took pride of place, & was very much admired.
    I assume you are able to by your trimmings ect wholesale,
    I can imagin the time it takes you & you put so much love into it, there certainly are advantages for working for your self, another thing is have you the time to make more cards, as somer says he can work the hours that suit him depending on his health.

Think the idea of linking it to ebid may be good one which would also mean you can devote the time to which ever site you wish to. which ever you choose good luck.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

If your site is already producing more work than you want, then you can definitely stop all the SEO and promotional nonsense. That's a chunk of time given back to you right there. If you then use your site just for the more interesting / fun stuff you like to do, or to sell the items that need more customer input in the way of choices and stuff - that can't be so easily done here - you could just have it ticking over. Manage it so it suits your needs, instead of letting it take over. That way you don't write off all the good work you've done getting it set up and visible, and lose the goodwill associated with it - if you ever want to push that side again it's waiting there ticking along.

Quote Originally Posted by maplegin View Post
    Lesley, the handfasting card we bought from you took pride of place, & was very much admired.
    I assume you are able to by your trimmings ect wholesale,
    I can imagin the time it takes you & you put so much love into it, there certainly are advantages for working for your self, another thing is have you the time to make more cards, as somer says he can work the hours that suit him depending on his health.

Think the idea of linking it to ebid may be good one which would also mean you can devote the time to which ever site you wish to. which ever you choose good luck.
    Hi Maplegin, It's so lovely to hear from you again and pleased that you liked the Handfasting card. This may sound corny but it's feedback like yours and knowing my handiwork brought a smile to someone's face is huge payment indeed for doing something I so enjoy.
    Everyone's input on this thread is valued and I shall take all the suggestions on board and mull it all over.
    keep well and I hope I'll speak with you both again soon. xxx
    Last edited by SayItWithCards; 11th February 2011 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    If your site is already producing more work than you want, then you can definitely stop all the SEO and promotional nonsense. That's a chunk of time given back to you right there. If you then use your site just for the more interesting / fun stuff you like to do, or to sell the items that need more customer input in the way of choices and stuff - that can't be so easily done here - you could just have it ticking over. Manage it so it suits your needs, instead of letting it take over. That way you don't write off all the good work you've done getting it set up and visible, and lose the goodwill associated with it - if you ever want to push that side again it's waiting there ticking along.
    Hi Kim, you've made a very valid point about the seo and stuff. This is why I started this thread, in the hope to get other peoples points of view.
    Everyone has made some good suggestions and come up with things I hadnt yet thought of. I have until november to make up my mind and everyones input today will definately help me to do that. xx

Quote Originally Posted by SayItWithCards View Post
    Hi Maplegin, It's so lovely to hear from you again and pleased that you liked the Handfasting card. This may sound corny but it's feedback like yours and knowing my handiwork brought a smile to someone's face is huge payment indeed for doing something I so enjoy.
    not "just a someone" but A SOMEONE... I wont mention her name but she is a well known Author, Magazine Editor, Ghost Hunter, Television Personality, Tarot Reader, Medium, Rescue Medium, Psychic... in fact you name it she has either done it or is doing it still, so you should feel VERY please.

The only thing Pam and I regret is that Pam was in the middle of her chemo when the handfasting took place over 3 days at York Race course, so we could not go... I'm not saying it was a big Handfasting but people flew in from far and wide to attend it

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
    Your as sane as I am!
    Now there's a scary thought!

Couldn't agree more with Pink, though.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Thread Information