eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suggestions to get more buyers

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    God can and will do the unbelievable at times, but usually He expects us to take action, and then He steps in to do what we can not. Once I asked 2 different family members to loan me some money so I could move out West (to attend school). One of them stated they would pay to keep me from going; and the other stated "If God wants you to go He will give you the money". Well, 2 days later I received a letter in the mail asking from a professional organization "Do you need money? Call". I called same day; informed the lender I had not worked in a year because I just graduated. They told me they didn't care, and they Fed X'd me several thousands & I left for the West within the week. Was out there 5 years.
    Wow, now that is truly amazing. I'm not an especially religious person myself, (i.e., not a regular churchgoer), but I do believe spirituality is far more powerful than most people give it credit for being and goodness is all around - we only have to open our hearts for it to find us.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    Awwwwwwwww not again!
    Don't despair after all right at the top left hand corner of our home page shows "ebid vs ebay" an independent comparison. It kind of makes it look like ebid is comparing themslves to ebay but from the sounds of it really shouldn't.
    I have decided not to rant and rave about the advertising anymore. I'm sure if Gazza wants this place to grow fast he knows what to do. It's up to him to decide what he wants to build here. It may take a while for sales to really take off but that's what everybody here wants. Individual marketing and word of mouth so after we voice our opinions let's be done with it and move on. Like other folks have posted spend more time sharpening up your listing skills and about me page do some individual marketing instead of socializing in the Forums and your sales would increase. I just hate to see immigrants from ebay coming over and leaving because it was not what they expected. Do we have a Forum page newbies get directed to before signing on which might explain more of what ebid is all about? I know myself I saw ebid was rated 2nd to ebay in online auction sites and listing was free which got me real excited but the 2 sites are 2 completely different types of auction sites in comparison just not easily compared.

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    Don't despair after all right at the top left hand corner of our home page shows "ebid vs ebay" an independent comparison. It kind of makes it look like ebid is comparing themslves to ebay but from the sounds of it really shouldn't.
    I have decided not to rant and rave about the advertising anymore. I'm sure if Gazza wants this place to grow fast he knows what to do. It's up to him to decide what he wants to build here. It may take a while for sales to really take off but that's what everybody here wants. Individual marketing and word of mouth so after we voice our opinions let's be done with it and move on. Like other folks have posted spend more time sharpening up your listing skills and about me page do some individual marketing instead of socializing in the Forums and your sales would increase. I just hate to see immigrants from ebay coming over and leaving because it was not what they expected. Do we have a Forum page newbies get directed to before signing on which might explain more of what ebid is all about? I know myself I saw ebid was rated 2nd to ebay in online auction sites and listing was free which got me real excited but the 2 sites are 2 completely different types of auction sites in comparison just not easily compared.
    Totally agree - I dont compare any of the sites I use with any others.

To be honest, sales here are exactly what I expected when I re-joined a couple of years ago (originally joined around 2003). For me, they havent exactly been good, but they havent been disastrous - but that wasnt why I paid my 50 notes. Sales here are not tantamount to me using the site.

It is when I add all the sales up from all 8 sites I use at the end of the month that is important to me.

All the sites I list on are different - they all have their little quirks and pros and cons.

If they were all the same, wouldnt be any point in listing on them all.

Quote Originally Posted by POUNDPUPPIES1981 View Post
    I suggest more tv and or website ads. Advertising methods like that don't turn off people by making them angry, annoyed, aggravated and/or frustrated. Not many people ARE coming to your site buy stuff I just tRied to seLL a bunch of brand new items using TITLES filled with key words describing the items. Got 15 or less views in 30 days on all of them and 10 or less on most of them deFEating the purpose of trying to use your site to start an online business.
    Right now joining eBid is like paying for a "Shopping Cart" to be added to your website. Only better. Because with eBid as your "Shopping Cart" experience, strangers coming in from Google searches to view your product can look up about eBid, and see they can trust them to run as safe an auction site as eBay.

I don't know if you have an online presence with your own website, but if you do, you will find that paying the Lifetime Seller fee here is about comparable to a year or so of monthly fees for a "Shopping Cart" being added to your website. So if you have a website to advertise your business, eBid is an excellent, inexpensive way to add that "Shopping Cart". Plus it has the added benefit of being integrated into the Google Product Search engine, with no extra charge to us.

If you don't have a website and you are trying to start an online business from scratch on eBid, then, if you might want to view this site as an advertising venue -- that will keep your product popping up in Google Product Search (as long as you list them according to the Google requirements). If you have paid for the Lifetime Seller deal, then you now have a lifetime of free listings here that will keep advertising your presence to Google Searchers.

Since eBid is integrated into Google Product Search, the problem may not be that eBid needs more ads so much as that more people need to hear ads for Google Product Search.

I understand your frustration at no sales. I have only had one here since joining, but was surprised to have about 10 in the same time period on another auction site. It's very strange, because I was having no action over there, so joined here. But this site is so much better, allowing me to constantly have listings up and running without paying any fees until a sale is made (because I paid my 1-time Lifetime Seller fee). I can afford this price! So I can keep my listings running, which advertises my presence to Google searchers, and eventually the various word-of-mouth advertising methods I am working on will bring the right people to my listings.

If you have paid for a Lifetime membership, then you lose nothing by continuing to run your listings here as you try to sell them at other places, too. And be creative with your self promotion. If you have a website for your business (or even a personal website or Facebook profile, etc), be sure and link them directly to your eBid store.

It is always hard to start up a new business. Most start-ups fail, mainly because of the costs. At least, as a Lifetime Seller, you can list your products here without cost of anything except time.

I wish you every success.

Live, Learn, and Laugh -

Virtueandpraise

Forum Lurker
    View jlh1973mu's Feedback (+891)
    All-About jlh1973mu
    View jlh1973mu's Listings
    Forum Posts

Send buddy emails to your buyers from other sites (if any) and do some listing.

I actually just had a sale here the other day.!!!!..I am trying listing on this site and another

Forum Newbie
    Washington, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View ictransistor's Feedback (+10)
    All-About ictransistor
    View ictransistor's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thousands of sellers are trading without a contingency plan.
    The majority are also buyers
    They fill up sandbags and live in perpetual fear of having their insurance policies cancelled.
    They complain about the ever increasing charges and ignore the meaning of them which is "you are not wanted"
    Wouldn't it be better if they moved a few of their valuable possessions to safety just in case.

Thread Information