eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: My first neg feedback :(

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

@ Redmerlin - really? thats interesting, I had thought that it would have cleared by now. Thanks for the heads-up

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

If this has to do with delayed shipping from the Postal service I see no reason why our administrators wouldn't delete the negative. If they refuse well then we have problems here.
    As long as you shipped in the time frame stated in your auction/listing how can you be held accountable for what the Postal service screws up. Buyers want to know how quickly they can expect their items and nebver take into consideration once it leaves our hands we have no control at all. Best we can do is keep accurate thorough records so when a problem does arise we can verify it's not us and get the proper feedback we deserve. A negative feedback regarding shipping isn't something buyers overlook nor do they care who's problem it was. They just look at it and decide whether or not to take a chance on getting their item.
    I would fight this long and hard to have it removed. Send all your back up showing you did everything you stated in your listing. I had a similar problem on the Dark side where Pay Pal automatically put a hold on my funds ($532.00) due to a buyer telling them he never recieved his item. Turned out he didn't want to pay the Customs fees so he refused the package. I sent Pay Pal the Customs form/tracking number which showed the attempted delivery. Once deemed not my problem Pay Pal immediately released my funds. This took place in September of 2010 and believe it or not the item is still sitting in German Customs.
    Bottom line on this transaction is the buyer is clearly trying to scam me for $$$ to cover his taxes on the item even though I clearly state in my auctions "I will not falsify Customs documents". Right now he is out $532.00 and he still doesn't have a guitar. He was just counting on Pay Pal to put leverage on me to get money.
    Keep good records, Ebid should reverse the negative once proven you were not at fault. Please I would like to hear the outcome of this as if this doesn't get reversed I have to rethink selling here.

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, keep immaculate records, and postage tracking info and/or certificate of postings, and DEFINITLY politely but fairly stand your ground.

If it comes down to it and you get a neg saying not recieved, and you have a tracking number, post the tracking number in your response to the feedback, so that people can see for themselves! That happened to me once on ebid, with a buyer who claimed both items she had bought from me, and some other sellers, had not arrived. She negged me (and the other sellers, in fact looking at her profile she had negged everyone she had bought from) for items not recieved, and guess what, I checked the tracking and she had signed for it. So, I posted a response to the feedback with the tracking number to prove it was actually recieved... and then contacted ebid and within a few hours the scam-buyer was removed and the unfounded negative feedback she had left for me was removed as well.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post
    Agree 110% and please do be careful. After having a bad experience recently with a buyer who did a chargeback through Paypal, I learned from the lovely supportive folks on here the importance of inputting shipping info., (including delivery confirmation numbers, if applicable) into Paypal, even if you don't use Paypal invoicing.
    Thanks, Sue for that tidbit as I have just posted a packet "International Signed For' to Australia.

Mansfield Woodhouse, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View LizzyA's Feedback (+2899)
    All-About LizzyA
    View LizzyA's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    I know it's not the mail carrier's fault normally - it's the system. I still am waiting on mail from Long long ago..........................but it will be worth more when it arrives, as it will have become antique!!! lol
    Would you believe on Saturday 18th January, I had to pick up an item from the post office £1.19 to pay. £1.00 of it handling
    turned out to be a Christmas Card posted on the 17th December. and I could see there was about 6 Boxes of Red Christmas Envelope Christmas cards to be collected. Who on earth wants a Christmas card now. waste of time and money.
    Lizzy

for Books and Magazines click
    http://lizzies-book-store.ebid.net/

Computer Games etc click
    http://its-all-about-computers.ebid.net/

Baby Cardigans Bonnet Sets click
    http://hand-knitted-specially-for-you.ebid.net/

DVD's, CD's, and Lots more click

http://lizzies-bits-and-bobs.ebid.net/

China Collectables click
    http://lizzies-china-collectables.ebid.net/

Want to be a member, No problem, Just click on this link:

http://uk.ebid.net/perl/normal.cgi?r...=register-main

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post
    Thanks, Sue for that tidbit as I have just posted a packet "International Signed For' to Australia.
    You're very welcome. Just made a sale today to another newbie, will have a chance to actually practice what I've been preaching, as soon as I get back from getting my pc repaired this afternoon, supposed to be done yesterday but the guy cancelled. Stupid Trojan Horse virus...

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Thread Information