eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Concern re: Paypal dispute - any advice appreciated.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    Jewel....just move in UK you will be much ''faster''...heheh...
    Har har!

x

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    To put the tracking info into paypal, just log into your PP account, then you'll see your transactions. There is a drop down list with each transaction...right side. Click on drop down list, then you'll see shipped, then you'll see add tracking info. Choose the shipping (i.e. USPS, then you'll see a place to add tracking #). Once you put in tracking #, paypal will automatically send buyer an email that package has shipped and the tracking #. I hope I got the sequence right on the drop-down list, but if you log into PP, look for transactions, it will become apparent. Hope this helps.
    Thanks, Ginny and Jan, will do this in future, if I decide to stay with Paypal.

Tony, I really wish that were the case, but Paypal has decided they need til the end of the month to figure out what to do about the dispute, (don't ask me why, IMHO it's pretty cut and dried). I can't just close the dispute myself, or I would, believe me, and get on with more listings.

I really don't like Pee-pal...

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    To log my shipping details, I click on the 'details' link transaction and scroll to the bottom of the page. You'll see the Shipping bit:

Shipping:
    [ Print Packing Slip | Add Tracking Info ]

Click on the tracking info and fill in the details as prompted.

x
    Thank you for the info, Jewel and Florida. I didn't realise I could do this. Due to your excellent directions, I have now discovered how to input USPS tracking for PayPal transactions ... and will use it for future sales! Thank you!

Live, Learn, and Laugh -

Virtueandpraise

Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post
    Thanks, Ginny and Jan, will do this in future, if I decide to stay with Paypal.

Tony, I really wish that were the case, but Paypal has decided they need til the end of the month to figure out what to do about the dispute, (don't ask me why, IMHO it's pretty cut and dried). I can't just close the dispute myself, or I would, believe me, and get on with more listings.

I really don't like Pee-pal...

If PP has not decided what to do.....perhaps they will give you back your money.....I would log into my account and input the tracking info on the item in dispute. It would definitely help your cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtueandpraise View Post
    Thank you for the info, Jewel and Florida. I didn't realise I could do this. Due to your excellent directions, I have now discovered how to input USPS tracking for PayPal transactions ... and will use it for future sales! Thank you!
    Glad to be of assistance. I always input tracking info on PP. It's 'my' protection against nondelivery disputes.

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

Thanks, Ginny, will do that.

I hope they decide something soon, I'd like to stop waiting and get back to listing.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks, Ginny, will do that.

I hope they decide something soon, I'd like to stop waiting and get back to listing.

Can't you carry on listing with payment options like checks and money orders while you wait to see if you want to use paypal? You can bulk edit later to add it or take it away if you need to.

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Can't you carry on listing with payment options like checks and money orders while you wait to see if you want to use paypal? You can bulk edit later to add it or take it away if you need to.
    Thanks, Kimbo, I suppose I could, and actually it would be easier for me to go with offline payments, but unfortunately it seems like there are a lot of impatient buyers who want their items yesterday and this would cause a delay that some might not understand or be willing to overlook.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks, Kimbo, I suppose I could, and actually it would be easier for me to go with offline payments, but unfortunately it seems like there are a lot of impatient buyers who want their items yesterday and this would cause a delay that some might not understand or be willing to overlook.

But you won't make any sales if you don't list, so isn't fewer better than none? And I don't quite know what you mean about buyers not "overlooking" delays... if you make a purchase that clearly says you pay by cheque/check, how can you not understand that means you've got to send the check? I don't understand what the problem is. If you have a set of payment options you can use, I don't see any reason not to get on with your life and use them. Just don't offer the ones you're not sure about.

View Barrattess's Feedback (+2717)
    All-About Barrattess
    View Barrattess's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello again Suesjools...
    I'm afraid I may be the reason why Paypal are 'still investigating'... I wrote to paypal...and whilst I mentioned no ones name I did say that three sellers had been sent disputes for 'Item not received' all on the same day from the same buyer and didn't they think it was a little suspect seeing as one of the sellers had a delivery confirmation from two days prior....but I assure you no names were mentioned but it shows that they are looking into it.
    May I suggest to you that if you go to the dispute page and follow instructions...on the second page it will ask you for the tracking number...put it in Suesjools and see if you can get your money back...in for a penny as they say :-)

Cheers

Have a click...You know you want to...

Thread Information