My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Uploading limit??

Default Uploading limit??

This is more than likely something I am doing wrong but will ask just in case. When I upload my items from NL all is fine other than slow but it seems I cannot upload more than 99 at a time. If I try to go over that I get the message Items not uploaded. If I go to 99 selected then it goes through every time. Then upload the next 99 and so on. Is this normal? Or is this something I am doing?

UPDATE!!!

Think I found the cause.... In some of my listings I added the eBid category in others I did not as when I first signed up it allowed me to edit the listing once it was uploaded and add the category for eBid then, just was a little easier than going through NL. It appears now and why I am not sure if a eBid category is not added in right from the start the listing is rejected. I have checked this several times now. Added some with and without the ebid category listings ALL w/o where rejected, all with where accepted.

I know this is not the correct place but sure would be a time saver if NL had a in-line edited option in the spreadsheet like TL instead of having to go through each and every auction 1 by 1 to fix things. Or better yet if it would allow GOOD auctions to go through without dumping all if something was not correct in the upload process. Before someone jumps in and says it does via the Passed and Failed option in the bulk-upload section it does not if a auction is bad (assume the word corrupt) it junks all.

Anyway just thoughts...
    Last edited by MyQuestShop; 22nd December 2010 at 02:32 PM. Reason: UPDATE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MyQuestShop View Post
    This is more than likely something I am doing wrong but will ask just in case. When I upload my items from NL all is fine other than slow but it seems I cannot upload more than 99 at a time. If I try to go over that I get the message Items not uploaded. If I go to 99 selected then it goes through every time. Then upload the next 99 and so on. Is this normal? Or is this something I am doing?
    Should not be 99. I have done them with several hundred. Sounds like a bug, what version are you using so that HQ can help.

Also have you clicked "select all" on the ninja?

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    Should not be 99. I have done them with several hundred. Sounds like a bug, what version are you using so that HQ can help.

Also have you clicked "select all" on the ninja?
    99.49 just upgraded. It does not matter what version so far, has done it on all versions. Example as I just did it. I have 379 items to upload, selected all, good to go, selected to upload. Got the saving screen, Uploading screen came up. Then a screen about 1 minute later stating Your Files where not uploaded. Cleared out all from good to go, checked items, tried again. Same thing. Cleared out again, selected 99 items like I always do, All went through just fine. Cleared it out and selected the next 99 items, still processing as I type. I though it was a bad file or something but when I do it this way ALL get uploaded without it saying 1 is bad, do not know the why??

Quote Originally Posted by MyQuestShop View Post
    UPDATE!!!

Think I found the cause.... In some of my listings I added the eBid category in others I did not as when I first signed up it allowed me to edit the listing once it was uploaded and add the category for eBid then, just was a little easier than going through NL. It appears now and why I am not sure if a eBid category is not added in right from the start the listing is rejected. I have checked this several times now. Added some with and without the ebid category listings ALL w/o where rejected, all with where accepted.

I know this is not the correct place but sure would be a time saver if NL had a in-line edited option in the spreadsheet like TL instead of having to go through each and every auction 1 by 1 to fix things. Or better yet if it would allow GOOD auctions to go through without dumping all if something was not correct in the upload process. Before someone jumps in and says it does via the Passed and Failed option in the bulk-upload section it does not if a auction is bad (assume the word corrupt) it junks all.

Anyway just thoughts...
    Spoke too soon, not it. Just went through 597 items item by item and edited all with all cat #'s, checked all double. Went to upload 597 and got the message Try Agin your items where not uploaded. Selected 250 same thing, selected 99 and went through.....

This is a real un needed hassle....

Christmas Wish, eBid get it together if they ever want to compete with EBay. NL and/or the speardsheet just to difficult to master for the average joe. Inline EDIT A MUST. Being able to see a WHY instead of Try again A MUST.

Spent now over 10 hrs trying, time I cannot ever get back, time I will not waste again...

Thread Information