My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Editing numerous auction entries

Question Editing numerous auction entries

This may have been answered I am sure but have not found it or maybe just cannot be done. Yes am a newbie. Yes am trying to convert from Feebay.

The question:

My auctions have imported just fine from TL no concern there. Understand I have to edit categories and all, no biggie just time. But my problem is when I started Ebay I used templates to speed entry up. In those templates Ebay's name is in the description several places along with their feedback rating bar to help buyers help me <g>. Anyway ALL my auctions currently have these tag lines inserted under the description of the item. Also links to my Ebay store. Now naturally this will not work on eBid. So is there any way to edit the NL file to search and replace all these entries? They are more than just a few words, paragraphs to be more precise. Or do I have to open 875 auctions and edit them out 1 by 1? Gonna be a longgggg edit if that is the case...

I have not seen a find and replace option on TL. but I have never looked for one either. but if it does not have one I would just open it up in another program that has that option like in a MS office program or something like that.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

The NL does not currently have a mass find and replace; you will have to use other means to remove the text. Possible ways:

• If TL has a search/replace then edit out the eBay details before exporting.
    • Use the eBid Bulk Edit function after upload (and before eBid spots the links).
    • Edit either the TL or NL data file using a spreadsheet program such as Excel or Open Office Calc.

Thread Information