My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: what a horrible experience

Default what a horrible experience

There is one particular seller on Eb*y, that I buy from on a regular basis (once every 2 - 3 months) and have done so ever since I joined that site.
    Last night I went to buy my next supply. Clicked on favourite sellers, only to see that his feedback had taken a nosedive. Over 20000 100% when I last bought from him and it was down to 98.5%.
    I went to look at his feedback - loads of neg for non delivery. But a lot of replies to the negs from someone with a similar username. Most of them say: "sorry the guy has died", but some of them have a more sarcastic tone along the lines of "how inconvenient of the guy to die". It looks like Eb*y have given someone access to his account, but it looks really horrible.

I knew the seller was unwell - early retirement due to ill health - and he was selling online to keep active.
    It was the way the negative feedbacks had been replied to that upset me.
    I don't understand why they didn't just close the account, instead of given someone else access to it, who I assume must be a relative or friend, sorting out his affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Booksandstuff View Post
    I don't understand why they didn't just close the account, instead of given someone else access to it, who I assume must be a relative or friend, sorting out his affairs.
    Maybe the person with access got it from the deceased persons effects and *b*y are not aware.

It can't be, because the username is changed. The person's username was xxxx_resident and the replies are by someone called just xxxx and the resident has been dropped, whereas the original username is still the same.

I knew the seller was unwell - early retirement due to ill health - and he was selling online to keep active.
    It was the way the negative feedbacks had been replied to that upset me.
    The nasty stuff over there is pretty tasteless. Hopefully they got some notice from the family. If they did, they should have immediately pulled the listings down and taken the nasty comments from public view.

Forum Lurker
    View mimmies's Feedback (+142)
    All-About mimmies
    View mimmies's Listings
    Forum Posts

maybe you could contact feebay and let them know whats going on? http://us.ebid.net/stores/mimmies-flea-market

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've seen this happen before. In my case, the family fulfilled all his outstanding transactions, which was amazing of them (imho). I was glad that I had not got round to giving bad feedback.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

It can't be, because the username is changed. The person's username was xxxx_resident and the replies are by someone called just xxxx and the resident has been dropped, whereas the original username is still the same.
    Sad state of affairs but the bay only responds to member complaints because they are not set up to police themselves. Maybe a call to those folks will help the situation!

Thread Information