eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nationwide Recall of Shell Eggs in USA...

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Exclamation Nationwide Recall of Shell Eggs in USA...

For those of us here in the U.S., this link will show you the name brands that are now being recalled due to salmonella poisoning...pretty much nationwide(courtesy of CNN News):

http://www.eggsafety.org/mediacenter...-of-shell-eggs

Shows brand names sold under and states involved.

Quote Originally Posted by iwiw60 View Post
    For those of us here in the U.S., this link will show you the name brands that are now being recalled due to salmonella poisoning...pretty much nationwide(courtesy of CNN News):

http://www.eggsafety.org/mediacenter...-of-shell-eggs

Shows brand names sold under and states involved.
    Amazing that with all the states listed that they missed Idaho. Thanks for the heads up. I checked my fridge and all was good here.

Quote Originally Posted by dardonboi View Post
    Amazing that with all the states listed that they missed Idaho.
    thats becuse you only have potato's in Idaho ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by somersethedge View Post
    thats becuse you only have potato's in Idaho ;-)
    We also have a lot of beef. We are a little short on chickens. We just don't advertise it.

It really shouldn’t be a surprise considering the huge mechanized producing methods! Ever smelled one of those places? We had free roaming chickens for years where we harvest our own eggs and never had a problem.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

We went through that back in the 80s.

Is it any surprise though? With the unnatural farming practices nowadays where the livestock is kept in terrible conditions and fed on crap such incidences as this and the likes of Mad Cow disease are to be expected.

The likely demise of mankind will be that there is nothing left fit to eat and drink by the time they have finished messing with nature.

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

<RANT>
    I have been in that very county and in that very [miniscule] village of Galt, Iowa. Wright County itself is flooded with those factory confinement farms raising pigs and chickens and possibly turkeys. The stench has driven acquaintances of mine from their own farms as they became surrounded by the concentration-camp type barracks holding the unfortunate animals. Yes, it's totally to be expected that contagious problems will affect huge populations of animals and people.

What I don't understand are two points:

1)One particularly large farm owner has bought up acres and acres of what used to be the most expensive land in the entire United States. I am not exaggerating. Wright County land used to sell for more per acre than any other county in the whole country. Now this corporate farm owner has bought large tracts and constructed HUGE windowless buildings, and bought up other farms' grain output to feed the miserable animals. Why did he pick this especially expensive land? Could it be that the county officials gave him outstanding incentives?

Also, the owner seems to "import" workers from Mexico and lands south, usually illegally, and once they are there, they are almost slaves as their wages are so low that they can hardly afford to leave.

2)Why don't the people living in this area boycott pork and chicken and eggs if they are so outraged at the stench from the barracks, and influx of illegals, and the unfair monopoly acquired by the factory farm owner? They could eat tofu which is derived from soybeans, another huge area crop, but no, they continue eating pork and eggs and chicken as if they don't know how they got into the grocery stores. </RANT>
    Last edited by TexasAda; 19th August 2010 at 03:17 PM. Reason: forgot to stop ranting

Quote Originally Posted by TexasAda View Post
    <RANT>
    I have been in that very county and in that very [miniscule] village of Galt, Iowa. Wright County itself is flooded with those factory confinement farms raising pigs and chickens and possibly turkeys. The stench has driven acquaintances of mine from their own farms as they became surrounded by the concentration-camp type barracks holding the unfortunate animals. Yes, it's totally to be expected that contagious problems will affect huge populations of animals and people.

What I don't understand are two points:

1)One particularly large farm owner has bought up acres and acres of what used to be the most expensive land in the entire United States. I am not exaggerating. Wright County land used to sell for more per acre than any other county in the whole country. Now this corporate farm owner has bought large tracts and constructed HUGE windowless buildings, and bought up other farms' grain output to feed the miserable animals. Why did he pick this especially expensive land? Could it be that the county officials gave him outstanding incentives?

Also, the owner seems to "import" workers from Mexico and lands south, usually illegally, and once they are there, they are almost slaves as their wages are so low that they can hardly afford to leave.

2)Why don't the people living in this area boycott pork and chicken and eggs if they are so outraged at the stench from the barracks, and influx of illegals, and the unfair monopoly acquired by the factory farm owner? They could eat tofu which is derived from soybeans, another huge area crop, but no, they continue eating pork and eggs and chicken as if they don't know how they got into the grocery stores. </RANT>
    What is worse is that these huge farms qualify for Federal Subsidies that were meant for the small family farmers that raised our food responsibly. Something is very wrong with this picture of US food production. Simplot didn't get rich from the food he sold.

I keep my own chucks, never bought eggs and never will! The taste is so much better and we like to see happy hens.
    I remember everything, even what happened tomorrow.

games4mac ~ DragonsRest ~ DragonsRest Lounge ~ Windfall

Meet my avatar: Qu the engineer and enchanter. Who else could invent the armour piercing rabbit (can dig holes through anything) and the duck gun (fires rubber ducks)?
    Join me on eBid here.

God bless eBid and all who sale in her!

I can really rant on this one but enough say because Corporate Amerika and their politicians are romantic bedfellows. We have the best government money can buy which is indicative of lack of controls in the food industry!

Thread Information