Forum Posts

Smile Importing feedback

Please - anyone! - tell me how to import feedback from eBay. Many thanks

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

You have to use repatoo. But honestly, do think twice. You have a healthy feedback total all earned here. Imported feedback shows as just a number with a bunch of meaningless "imported" comments and just looks fake to me. I know I'm not the only one who thinks imported feedback is iffy. Have a look round the forums for various views, and if you still want it use repatoo and the "import feedback" tab on your "my feedback" page.

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Kimbo , sorry but I think you are well out of order to say that imported feed back looks fake ( to you ) yes you are not the only one who thinks feedback should only be from here..but there are plenty who think it is ok...and how or why you think it is fake I do not know....are you suggesting some people have sent fake feedback ? this is just like a CV in a way...if you have a good cv you would not hide it...so if you have good feedback from where ever , then there is no reason not to to show it...again sorry to disagree but I feel you are wrong...............Papa.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

It *looks* fake *to me*. That is my legitimate opinion and I have every right to express it. I know it's not fake, I am talking about how it looks in the feedback page and, therefore, how it might seem to newbies to this site to don't know how it came about. Sure, plenty of other people think it's a good thing and they too are more than welcome to express that view. You too. Don't apologise for disagreeing, that's fine with me. :-)

I never think imported feedback is a good idea either (prefer the repatoo badge myself) - and think it would look particularly odd in this case as it will appear at the top of Anne's already established eBid feedback won't it??

After snooping around people's auctions and Me pages for the past few months, I'm of the opinion that I don't want to import my eBay feedback.

I do want to insert the Repatoo badge though to give people the chance to see what feedback I earned elsewhere. I have yet to set up an account with them and figure out how to insert the badge.

Again, to import or not is up to the individual. I don't think of imported feedback as fake, but it really doesn't tell me anything about the seller except that they've been involved in a lot of transactions online.

To be honest, there are times that higher feedback numbers (thousands and thousands) make me question how much time the seller has to attend to my purchase. When I buy from someone, I like to have a gander through the comments. To me, the number isn't the most important factor, just part of the bigger picture.

Annie's ... I think that this is one of those topics that has been a lot of debate here. lol

Forum Lurker
    Only One, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View Annes_Nostalgia's Feedback (+388)
    All-About Annes_Nostalgia
    View Annes_Nostalgia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Gosh !!! I didn't plan to start a war of opinion - just wanted to know haw to do it so that I can tell a family member who asked me.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

No war, as far as I'm concerned. Not even a skirmish. :-) But can I say again, I don't consider it that it *is* fake, merely that it has that appearance which *others* could misinterpret.

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Annes_Nostalgia View Post
    Gosh !!! I didn't plan to start a war of opinion - just wanted to know haw to do it so that I can tell a family member who asked me.
    do not worry Anne , there are lots of threads on here , where a difference of opinion arises , and In a way I honestly think it is a good thing , and nine times out of ten , there is no problem , have a nice day and you do what ever you think suits you or your friend.........papa.

Thread Information