Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what's wrong with the title?

Question what's wrong with the title?

I have an item listed (I have listed a few times) and it has never had 1 person even view it. I reduced the price, postage is minimal as it isn't that heavy or large. Because it is now only listed at $1 I'm not going to do a gallery listing (I have only had 2 sales here ever so I'm not going to pay for it for such a cheap item unless I'm 100% sure it will sell). What is wrong with the title WALT DISNEY'S UNCLE SCROOGE Bumper Issue No.176?

Hi Waterlily,

Gosh, I did not know what a bumper was until I looked at picture. Thought it was either a auto bumper or a baby crib bumper pad with Uncle Scrooge on it! Its a comic book!

That is probably the problem why you are getting no traffic on this one. Try to squeeze in the word comic and see if it makes a difference. What the heck is a bumper comic anyway?

Forum Saint
    Kingswinford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View crafters_corner_2's Feedback (+327)
    All-About crafters_corner_2
    View crafters_corner_2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Bumper is a UK thing, Delta
    It is a special issue which is bigger than usual - maybe a Xmas 'bumper' issue, for example.

OP - I would keep bumper in the title, but replace 'issue' with comic:
    WALT DISNEY'S UNCLE SCROOGE Bumper Comic No.176?

Things are a bit slow on here - but don't lose heart. Just keep plugging away

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    I have an item listed (I have listed a few times) and it has never had 1 person even view it. I reduced the price, postage is minimal as it isn't that heavy or large. Because it is now only listed at $1 I'm not going to do a gallery listing (I have only had 2 sales here ever so I'm not going to pay for it for such a cheap item unless I'm 100% sure it will sell). What is wrong with the title WALT DISNEY'S UNCLE SCROOGE Bumper Issue No.176?
    I think Google is rejecting it because of excessive CAPS hence not many people finding/discovering the listing. Try using normal grammar, ie:

Walt Disneys Uncle Scrooge bumper issue no.176

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    I think Google is rejecting it because of excessive CAPS hence not many people finding/discovering the listing. Try using normal grammar, ie:

Walt Disneys Uncle Scrooge bumper issue no.176
    That many capitals won't be reaching google anyway, it will be transformed during upload.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    That many capitals won't be reaching google anyway, it will be transformed during upload.
    No it will not...Oz listings aren't uploaded.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    No it will not...Oz listings aren't uploaded.
    *giggle* Quite right. I keep forgetting waterlilly's in Oz, she sounds so English. ;o)

sorry no gallery no look... and a lot of other "buyers" dont bother to look if there is no gallery photo... so for the want of 2% final value fee you are losing a lot of potential sales... which could be one of the reason for the "I have only had 2 sales here ever"

Thanks for the bumper thing. I've just typed what is on the cover (it must be one of dad's from when he lived in the UK, usually Oz ones are bumper issues).

I didn't know Oz listings weren't uploaded to google. Everyone keeps telling me to do this and that to get it on there, this could be another reason why my views are lower than UK listings of the same product.

I won't pay for the gallery listing on cheapers stuff, which is most of the stuff I have.

Most of my stuff is cheap - I only pay 2% if and when it sells - worth every penny...

and I am afraid I cannot be bothered with auctions with no picture... lazy but there it is..
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Thread Information