My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: buyers getting strikethough ?

Exclamation buyers getting strikethough ?

i had a buyer the other day who was perfect purchased his items paid right away but when i had a look today he has a strikethrough ??? is the system a little bit sensitive and striking buyers un-nessasarily if so i think this may put some off
    as many new buyers this happens too would see this and not come back

this happened to me when i first joined luckily someone told me to email support and it would be sorted however i hadnt done anything wrong

surely this feature should be looked at before others get striked and leave for good
    Lisa

Feedback left when payment received
    FREE POST ON ALL ORDERS

Free Pack of UK Wildflower seeds sent with every order throughout 2023

-------------------------------------------------------
    A smile is a curve that can set things straight!

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

thats bizarre. did he get a neg or something from someone else?

no negs all positives ?

this happened to me when i first joined and i was about to just leave the site and not bother with ebid when someone suggested i emailed support

they never gave me a reason just reinstated my account and that was that i really think this will be putting people off
    Lisa

Feedback left when payment received
    FREE POST ON ALL ORDERS

Free Pack of UK Wildflower seeds sent with every order throughout 2023

-------------------------------------------------------
    A smile is a curve that can set things straight!

I had a buyer struck through for a typo, the buyer missed a letter of their postcode, strikethroughs can sometimes be easily fixed

Quote Originally Posted by a1gardens View Post
    i had a buyer the other day who was perfect purchased his items paid right away but when i had a look today he has a strikethrough ??? is the system a little bit sensitive and striking buyers un-nessasarily if so i think this may put some off

this happened to me when i first joined luckily someone told me to email support and it would be sorted however i hadnt done anything wrong

surely this feature should be looked at before others get striked and leave for good
    I am sure that ebid has some criteria for checking out both sellers and buyers when they join. In this day and age you can't be too careful, especially since so much money is changing hands. I would rather they followed procedures and checked everyone out than to allow everyone in and later find that the people had faked credit cards or whatever.

Just communicate with your buyer, let them know you will hold the item until it is straightened out. When they are reinstated as a member you can then mail it. I had one like that too, buyer had received a dispute that was soon ok and she was back on buying again.

This has happened to one of my buyers. He joined eBid in February, bought something from me about three weeks ago, and got the strikethrough shortly after that.

He had 13 feedback (only one from me). Most as a buyer, a couple as a seller, and they were all positive. I thought perhaps it was some temporary glitch, but after reading this, I went back and checked and his name still has the strike through it. I can't imagine what happened.

I have just had this happen. A BIN and the buyer paid immediately via Paypal, now their name has a strike thru. They have no feedback, but I did notice that their Paypal and eBid addresses are in two different countries. Other than waiting to see if it clears in a couple days, I don't know what else to do.

Quote Originally Posted by mystuff2u View Post
    I have just had this happen. A BIN and the buyer paid immediately via Paypal, now their name has a strike thru. They have no feedback, but I did notice that their Paypal and eBid addresses are in two different countries. Other than waiting to see if it clears in a couple days, I don't know what else to do.

Ask ebid and/or buyer what is going on. If temporary, tell buyer you will mail as soon as their account is active again. If permanent, tell them you are refunding their money and the sale is off.

deltadelta48, thank-you very much. I took your advice and have contacted eBid.

Cambuslang, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View KAYS6912's Feedback (+245)
    All-About KAYS6912
    View KAYS6912's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by a1gardens View Post

Same happened with my very first buyer. I had no problems with the buyer - great communications and instant payment. I didn't notice until later that he had a strikethrough.
    Nancy
    Ceud měle f?*ilte!
    ‘A hundred thousand welcomes!’

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BARGAIN-BROWSER

GENERAL STORE

Thread Information