My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Automated Feedback Request

Default Automated Feedback Request

I am receiving automated feedback requests for two items that were 'purchased' but the sales did not go through. Is there a way that I can delete the two items that are 'awaiting feedback'?

One of which, the proposed buyer was in contact with me and decided that although they wanted that colour in the item of clothing, that the size was too big, even though the size, leg length, inside leg length and waist measurement were stated, and so did not go ahead with the purchase. The other person has never responded to the invoice or any of my emails since 7 March so I take it they don't want the item.

Tricia
    http://just-leggings.ebid.net

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I thought you were only supposed to get one auto-reminder, but it did get a bit confusing so might have misunderstood. I suppose you could always leave neutral feedback with a message that you were just keeping the records straight.

Hi Kimbo,

I had given that a thought but I don't want the other parties to respond negatively for something that did not take place.

Tricia

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asktricia View Post
    Hi Kimbo,

I had given that a thought but I don't want the other parties to respond negatively for something that did not take place.

Tricia
    Do remember that you can a) change feedback here if you need to and b) approach ebid to query unreasonable feedback, which they will often remove.

I'd probably just ignore the reminders myself!

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

hi , as kimbo says , you could just forget about it , at least the first one got back to you ... but from what you say about the second buyer not responding...if it was me I would leave feedback of the negative kind...........papa.

Thanks for your replies, I will ignore and hopefully after a period of time they will automatically disappear from my list.

Tricia

I dont want my buyers getting reminders if they dont want to leave any or too busy im not bothered.
    Would like an opt out choice on this.

Forum Lurker
    View fhlangan's Feedback (+481)
    All-About fhlangan
    View fhlangan's Listings
    Forum Posts

I absolutely agree with Baghag on this. From reading past threads on the matter of feedback reminders, I don’t think we are alone here. I, as a seller, feel slightly uncomfortable about a buyer being sent an email asking them to leave feedback for me.

I know other sites do this but I would really like to see a default button in My ebid defaults, that stopped these being sent to the buyer if the seller doesn’t want them hassled. The way I look at it - if I haven’t had feedback for something I have sold, then the buyer is either

1. One of those people who NEVER leave feedback so it won’t make any difference one way or the other, or

2. someone who is too busy to attend to the small things of life that they see as insignificant. They are stressed out already – why hassle them further? It will only annoy them or,

3. (this is the worrying one for the seller) they didn’t particularly like what they bought but not so much that they have wanted to rush to the computer to leave negative or neutral feedback and certainly not so much that they have had to email the seller to tell them but they didn’t like it enough to leave positive feedback – why tempt them when they have just been irritated by the reminder.........? (they may even think the seller himself has just pressed some button to remind them) or,

4. they have simply forgotten and are glad of the reminder. I don’t think this is a very common reason because I have only had a few feedbacks late for this reason and I would rather forgo those few – I have never begged for feedback and I don’t want to start now.

I am not suggesting that these emails stop altogether. I am sure a lot of people are happy for them to be sent but like Baghag, I would like, as a seller, to have an option to prevent them being sent out in the first place, on my behalf.

Do others feel the same way??

Thread Information