eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do many people know about Ebid?

View foxescome's Feedback (+2076)
    All-About foxescome
    View foxescome's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CaracalFashions View Post
    Hi everyone, I just joined Ebid a couple of days ago, and have so far set up about 7 auctions. I sell custom-made wedding dresses.

I have a website and 2 feebay stores. I am also not happy with feebay, but the problem is that about 75 - 80% of my sales come from my feebay stores. I joined another auction site, Oztion, but haven't gotten many sales from there as it's not well known. In alot of ways I'm stuck, because everyone seems to automatically go to Ebay, and don't seem to know about alternative auction sites.

Can you suggest some way I can promote my Ebid site, so I can start getting sales here? Thanks.
    Hi and welcome..

Your dresses are very beautiful and soo very reasonable price - makes me think it might be worth getting married - no, better not go there!

Just wandering about your shipping charges as they seem very cheap, is Aus post cheap as I pay that to send a few jars of cream to Australia

Good luck,& enjoy the site
    Irene

For Everything a Girl Could Want
    Skincare, Perfumes, Purses & Handbags.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Reeniay-Girls

I

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmabarb View Post
    I am having the same problem, but am excited about the transfer. I like the ease of listing, but do not have a web site, to promote my sales.
    I am a disabled senior who really enjoys on-line auction selling, and did it very successfuly until my ebay store was priced out of the market. So I too am looking for any advice, I think it is just a matter of time, before more people gravitate to ebid, in the meantime I have listed about 60 assorted items and plan to double that at least. Good luck. I had many very friendly and great customers in Australia, and hope they will follow me.
    I think we all have to promote the site any way we can.
    Welcome Grandmabarb! You have lots of interesting items. Good luck with your sales.

Forum Lurker
    View jlh1973mu's Feedback (+891)
    All-About jlh1973mu
    View jlh1973mu's Listings
    Forum Posts

Talking

Hi everyone, I just joined Ebid a couple of days ago, and have so far set up about 7 auctions. I sell custom-made wedding dresses.

I have a website and 2 feebay stores. I am also not happy with feebay, but the problem is that about 75 - 80% of my sales come from my feebay stores. I joined another auction site, Oztion, but haven't gotten many sales from there as it's not well known. In alot of ways I'm stuck, because everyone seems to automatically go to Ebay, and don't seem to know about alternative auction sites.

Can you suggest some way I can promote my Ebid site, so I can start getting sales here? Thanks.
    Welcome to Ebid...it can only grow from here. I suggest that you send your feedbay customers or former customers buddy emails!!!

Heck, maybe send some emails to friends and family, and have them pass it on also

Forum Lurker
    View jlh1973mu's Feedback (+891)
    All-About jlh1973mu
    View jlh1973mu's Listings
    Forum Posts

Does anybody know if you can advertise on Craig??

Hi I am new here also. I have figured out how to navigate a bit better & am getting the hang of listing.
    I came here because on a list of auction sites it was clear that ebid is second to ebay & growing fast.
    Now that I am here I see there are many things I need to learn in terms of advertising, html, tags, joining face book etc. to get the word out. If we all do this I do believe we can make this site work. You can also list your store on Craigs List etc. Blog dailey,check out Squidoo. there is so much you can do

Quote Originally Posted by robinscornernest View Post
    Hi I am new here also. I have figured out how to navigate a bit better & am getting the hang of listing.
    I came here because on a list of auction sites it was clear that ebid is second to ebay & growing fast.
    Now that I am here I see there are many things I need to learn in terms of advertising, html, tags, joining face book etc. to get the word out. If we all do this I do believe we can make this site work. You can also list your store on Craigs List etc. Blog dailey,check out Squidoo. there is so much you can do
    Welcome!

That's how I feel too. I haven't had much success yet, but I know I've seen a lot of new people posting to the boards and I've noticed the total items listed steadily growing. I think even something as simple as posting a link to eBid in email signatures and everywhere else we have access, websites, blogs, etc, will make a difference.

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Cara.
    Welcome to ebid.

Lovely dresses.

Maybe a photo bucket account would be useful.
    You could then add some free close up photos of the detail on your dresses to your description section of your listings.

The run til sold is a definate no no as someone stated earlier, as they get buried at the bottom of the searches.

You could also open a shop/store.

If you check the threads there are some sellers who will add your shop banner / link to their small web sites.
    I will add you to mine if you would like me to do so.

I also use twitter to advertise.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Gee, we are getting new serious sellers all the time.

Welcome to a fellow Anzac !

We just need more buyers.

I bought a new battery for my mobile phone from an ebid seller.
    If we all bought something occasionally it would help.

But then you must tell your friends where you bought it !

I returned to eBid just a few days ago and decided to have another try because of feebays fees, I am sitting here emailing all my ebay customers and inviting them to eBid, just a thought but it might work?!
    frenchfancies
    vintage french goodies direct from South West France

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by frenchfancies View Post
    I returned to eBid just a few days ago and decided to have another try because of feebays fees, I am sitting here emailing all my ebay customers and inviting them to eBid, just a thought but it might work?!
    frenchfancies
    vintage french goodies direct from South West France
    Hi Frenchfancies.

Would you mind if I suggest that you have a plain Solid background to photograph your lacey items against.
    The bars , doors etc take away from the detail of the lace detail.

See attachment for an idea

Thread Information