eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From Ebay To Ebid

Wink From Ebay To Ebid

Good Morning Everyone!

We have just joined Ebid after trading successfully on Ebay (almost 5000 listings) until Paypal made life very difficult for no justified reason. If you have similar experiences it would be interesting to know.

We have over 400 Listings, LOVE the way the listings are done, but where are the buyers (?)

Have a nice day!

Kind Regards
    Emilia @ We Sell Stuff For You

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello and welcomre to eBid , the sellers are a bit slow here but if you work at it I am sure you will do well , just give it a try...the forums are very helpful , and the members even more so.....have fun ..........papa.

Good morning Emilia! Good luck with you listings! Nice to see another new member aboard!

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Heads up. The posting of contact details are not allowed on the site. You may wish to consider removing the telephone number from your store logo before admin spots it.

Oops, thanks for pointing that out! So far as I see we are able to include our street address but no phone or email details?

Well for now I think we will just drop the image completely .. best get editing, only a few hundred to go!

Cheers,

Alex.

(alex@wesellstuffforyou.co.uk)

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WeSellStuffForYou View Post
    So far as I see we are able to include our street address but no phone or email details?
    Reading the rules literally you might think that but in reality eBid do not like/tolerate the posting of any personal identifying information. That would include a street address - even though it is not explicitly stated in the rules.

Compared to eBay, eBid's rules and regulations are rather sparse and rely a lot on users adhering to the spirit of the rule (i.e. they treat you like an adult) rather than having reams of pages dotting every I and crossing every T.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Do you employ a proof reader in your company?If so you might like to get them to have a whizz through your list of items.
    You have a number of duplicates & this one in particular has the wrong title!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by bluebedouin View Post
    Do you employ a proof reader in your company?If so you might like to get them to have a whizz through your list of items.
    You have a number of duplicates & this one in particular has the wrong title!
    Hi, thanks for that, I can only put it down to the fact that we are quite frantically trying to transfer our 4/5k listings from eBay to here and Amazon as they are now essentially useless on eBay thanks to their Paypal monopoly.

I've just been through all of our listings removing our address and phone number so did pick up one or two duplicates and removed them and have also corrected the title on that one now!

Cheers,

Alex.

(alex@wesellstuffyou.co.uk)
    Last edited by WeSellStuffForYou; 21st May 2010 at 01:33 PM.

Thread Information