Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Seller + subscription fee

Forum Newbie
    All-About j62260
    View j62260's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Seller + subscription fee

I clicked on the link for "Upgrade now" for $49.49 from the add below on the home page but was charged the full price to my paypal account of $74.99?

Fancy zero auction fees for life?
    SELLER+ Lifetime May Offer
    $49.49*
    Free T-shirt * Zero Listing Fees * Zero Final Value Fees * 5 Free Photos * 5 Free eBid Stores * Uploads to Google Shopping * Import from eBay * Unlimited Listings * For Life. Upgrade now.
    *24hr offer from time of signup. Usually $74.99.

The $49.49 is only applicable for the first 24 hours after registration on eBid. You joined 11-05, todays 19-05 so outside the 24 hours

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

There is a way around this.

but if you sign up for a weeks seller+, at £1.99 (I think) then you have 24 hours to upgrade to Seller+ lifetime for the £49.99 deal, MINUS the 1.99. Thats what I did.

Quote Originally Posted by j62260 View Post
    I clicked on the link for "Upgrade now" for $49.49 from the add below on the home page but was charged the full price to my paypal account of $74.99?

Fancy zero auction fees for life?
    SELLER+ Lifetime May Offer
    $49.49*
    Free T-shirt * Zero Listing Fees * Zero Final Value Fees * 5 Free Photos * 5 Free eBid Stores * Uploads to Google Shopping * Import from eBay * Unlimited Listings * For Life. Upgrade now.
    *24hr offer from time of signup. Usually $74.99.
    the bits in bold might be a clue as to why you were charged the full price... as raindropsie states the 11th to the 19th is not 24 hours

Either way, it's still a spectacular deal. I'd have no problem paying the extra. It's still less than half of what I'd pay every month elsewhere. Not to minimize your concern, it's just my opinion.

Default Re: Seller + subscription fee

I paid the extra $79.49 for "Zero Auction Fees for Life" and thought it was a great deal as well. What I didn't find out until later is that no pictures show in your store unless you list with some "extra" called gallery and agree to pay final value fees if you sell the item - just like FEE Bay! Now I have tons of "free" pictures posted but no one can see them if they visit my store. What a crock!

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes ebid need to stop emphasing the free listings.

And simply say "that our fvf with gallery is 2%."

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alloldbutgoodstuff View Post
    I paid the extra $79.49 for "Zero Auction Fees for Life" and thought it was a great deal as well. What I didn't find out until later is that no pictures show in your store unless you list with some "extra" called gallery and agree to pay final value fees if you sell the item - just like FEE Bay! Now I have tons of "free" pictures posted but no one can see them if they visit my store. What a crock!
    Hardly like eBay! There you pay to list every item, then there are huge FVF's by comparison to here - and then you have a Store fee on top of that! Hardly a comparison.
    A measly 2% FVF for an item which sells using a gallery picture is nominal!
    Oh deary me ~ perspective is everything!

BTW not offering to sell overseas is not the best strategy in my book - but each to their own. I couldn't see a single one of your items because you do not offer shipping to the UK. That's a pity.

Good luck in all that you do

Thread Information