eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Totally Lost?? Or lack of confidence?

Forum Newbie
    View SimplyCyndis's Feedback (+88)
    All-About SimplyCyndis
    View SimplyCyndis's Listings
    Forum Posts

I actually made 3 separate banners. Yes, it was with directions from your page. Great directions! And I did it 3 times, the last time my daughter helped, and neither of us can understand why it did not show up. We made sure to follow them well!!
    I don't know, maybe it is there and I jsut don't see it. Is that possible?

Cambuslang, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View KAYS6912's Feedback (+245)
    All-About KAYS6912
    View KAYS6912's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SimplyCyndis View Post
    I actually made 3 separate banners. Yes, it was with directions from your page. Great directions! And I did it 3 times, the last time my daughter helped, and neither of us can understand why it did not show up. We made sure to follow them well!!
    I don't know, maybe it is there and I jsut don't see it. Is that possible?
    What I normally do if I've saved (or thought I'd saved!) something and can't find it is start a system search for it. Usually works!
    Nancy
    Ceud měle f?*ilte!
    ‘A hundred thousand welcomes!’

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BARGAIN-BROWSER

GENERAL STORE

Forum Newbie
    View SimplyCyndis's Feedback (+88)
    All-About SimplyCyndis
    View SimplyCyndis's Listings
    Forum Posts

Okay, I tried it again and it just disappears. It says I have not opened a store yet! After all that work!! It says I don't have a logo, there for don't have a store!

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SimplyCyndis View Post
    Okay, I tried it again and it just disappears. It says I have not opened a store yet! After all that work!! It says I don't have a logo, there for don't have a store!
    If you go here: http://www.ebidhelp.com/ebidfaq.htm#download you can save a basic banner - they're dull, but they're in eBid colours and are the right size. Save that by right clicking on the one you want and save it to your "my documents" or your desktop (make sure you note where it's gone!) You can change it for something you've made yourself afterwards, this is just to get you up and running and destress!

Now go here: http://www.ebidhelp.com/setupshop.htm to set up your shop.

If anything goes wrong, let us know what, preferably with details of when and the exact wording on the screen if there's an error message or anything.

Good luck, don't give up!

Hi Folks; I'm new here, from the dark side. Don't you need to have a seller+ account to have a store, and to have a banner, you need a store to put it in? Just a tad confused!
    Ken

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kentallpines View Post
    Hi Folks; I'm new here, from the dark side. Don't you need to have a seller+ account to have a store, and to have a banner, you need a store to put it in? Just a tad confused!
    Ken
    To have stores you need to be seller plus, yes. You could have a banner without a store... but you wouldn't have anywhere to put it.

I too tried working on my store banner. I got practice doing it because I must have done it 5 times. this is the problem. When I try to down load it to my computer it will not download. i tried several different ways. First I followed the directions by Jewel, and did prg (?) That did not work. Then i tried saving it to jpg, That did not work. Finally I just clicked and saved it to my photos and I do have it on my computer but it is messed up! I tried it again and downloaded Foxfire. no luck. Then I downloaded the page recommended by the banner place some program to download to read prg, and although it did download it still didn't help! I have a fast computer with 6 gigs RAM+800gigs memory should I have this problem? Oh and by the way when it DOES NOT load then I loose the whole banner at when it does not load! I am getting pretty good at making the Banners. lol
    PHP Code:
    :confused::eek::rolleyes
    Should I have this many problems downloading it?

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HawnsHoardingSales View Post
    I too tried working on my store banner. I got practice doing it because I must have done it 5 times. this is the problem. When I try to down load it to my computer it will not download. i tried several different ways. First I followed the directions by Jewel, and did prg (?) That did not work. Then i tried saving it to jpg, That did not work. Finally I just clicked and saved it to my photos and I do have it on my computer but it is messed up! I tried it again and downloaded Foxfire. no luck. Then I downloaded the page recommended by the banner place some program to download to read prg, and although it did download it still didn't help! I have a fast computer with 6 gigs RAM+800gigs memory should I have this problem? Oh and by the way when it DOES NOT load then I loose the whole banner at when it does not load! I am getting pretty good at making the Banners. lol
    PHP Code:
    :confused::eek::rolleyes
    Should I have this many problems downloading it?
    When you go to save the image, use the drop down menu and choose the .jpg format and save it where you know you will find it. Give the image a name when you save ie storebanner but dont add the jpg bit.

x

I am almost in tears! I do finally have them saved, but when they come up on my banner in the store they are just letters and no pics i used, no 2nd line, and doesn't look like anything I finished on banner! I am going to bed now! I guess I will try other things tomorrow! Have to start work next Monday and I wanted to have this done! Jewel, it seems like you are very reasonable on your prices. I looked at you work and it is very nice! What is your normal prices to make the things I need? I am very creative.... and I know what I want.......just don't know how to get it! Please Email me! Am I right I need 3 things. Store Banner,Template, and signature widget (lol) Pam

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Don't get upset - it's not that important! You can use one of the free banners I mentioned above, or *any picture you already have*. Just stick any picture of one of your items in. It will get distorted to fit, but who cares? It will get you started and stop you tearing your hair out.

It's all just a bit strange at the moment - you'll look back at this in a few months and wonder what the fuss was about.

Thread Information