eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please read and comment!!

View poppyrowan's Feedback (+127)
    All-About poppyrowan
    View poppyrowan's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Please read and comment!!

There is a big article on Mail online about feebay. I have responded to this by saying eBid is a better alternative. This breaks none of the Mails rules...if a few of us go and respond in the comments, it could drive a few people our way

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...avings-70.html

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good grief. Do articles in the Mail Online usually read like paid advertisements? That's just flabbergasting. I didn't really see any new news in it. Must be a really slow news day. Haven't read all the comments yet. Good for you, poppy, if you've given them a good one!

Quote Originally Posted by TexasAda View Post
    Good grief. Do articles in the Mail Online usually read like paid advertisements? That's just flabbergasting. I didn't really see any new news in it. Must be a really slow news day. Haven't read all the comments yet. Good for you, poppy, if you've given them a good one!
    Wonder if your response would have been the same had the article been written about ebid.

Somehow I doubt it.

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Truthfully, I think my response would have been the same if the article had been about eBid. I don't see how anybody could regard that Mail Online "article" as anything but a blatant opinion piece at best. I can't really see much hard news in it.

edit: originally entered wrong name for the newspaper as i am in the US and don't usually read it

Parkgate Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View MHTTrading's Feedback (+3556)
    All-About MHTTrading
    View MHTTrading's Listings
    Forum Posts

I liked the attached story about the buyer leaving negative feedback being sued by the seller

I don't know how the daily mail's articles normally read as it is a paper I avoid like the plague, but yes that definitely comes across as being written in the style of an advert.
    http://im1.ebidst.com/upload_banner/booksforsale_61768.jpg

Booksforsale For Vintage Homewares and New & Secondhand Books

Main Store - Click Here

Join ebid here

Just left my comment

Reincarnation is just another repeat

View poppyrowan's Feedback (+127)
    All-About poppyrowan
    View poppyrowan's Listings
    Forum Posts

Brilliant... the more people comment the better because loads of readers do actually read them!

Quote Originally Posted by poppyrowan View Post
    There is a big article on Mail online about feebay. I have responded to this by saying eBid is a better alternative. This breaks none of the Mails rules...if a few of us go and respond in the comments, it could drive a few people our way

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...avings-70.html
    Bearing in mind that you appear to have earned more feedback in a month on eBay than in 18 months on eBid, how do you come to this conclusion

Or when some tv personality gets them more free publicity by selling donated items there for some charity cause. Gee, there are alternatives.

We should get President Obama to donate running shoes or whatever and we can sell them here for charity. Of course mail pubicity notices to all the newspapers. That would get us noticed.

Thread Information