eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New to ebid, 2 items selling tomorrow..no bids yet.

I would suggest to import your ebay feedback too.. I haven't sold anything on ebid yet, but it sure looks like I have. And it feels good to have a big number there,lol
    Good luck!
    And don't ask me how I did it - I forgot already, lol. I found the info in one of the tutorials on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by bassbliss View Post
    Hi, I've been a member for years now and have yet to sell anything!

Admittedly, I did ignore ebid for a long while, just left my auctions running but over the last week or so I have come back with a vengence, in the hope of supporting my website and cutting down my reliance on ebay.

I have no feedback here, (but over 900 in the other place with 100% record) which I am perceiving to be a problem, but my items are low priced (magazines) so hopefully someone will eventually buy something from me.

I'd hate to have to go back to ebay after all the effort of listing over 200 items in my store, but I am beginning to get depressed about the lack of business!

http://recycled-mags.ebid.net
    I understand, many sellers are giving ebid another try having joined a long time ago. You are in good company.

Marketing your website targets certain buyers. Now you get opportunity to target others, different groups. Here you will get buyers from google, other ebid members, old customers, and your own marketing. Google is largest.

How? Read all forums. There are about 20 that if followed, will get you first sales in 2-3 weeks. Ken gave you first important one. Others will give you more. Beat them to it and read past forums.

Remember that Google works best on volume, the more you list the more you will sell. but work on the other 3 sources too. i.e. lure old buyers here with a sale. Offer to combine items from website and ebid for discount (of course have a website link to your ebid stores), use stores to expand your inventory (don't duplicate listings, less choice), etc.

So that is a start, lots of work ahead, good luck on ebid.

Default selling on-line

In the 8 years I have been selling, April is one of the slowest months. Don't know the exact reason. Hang in there. I have made only 8 sales and have over 250 items but expect that to pick up.
    Can you import your feedback over from Feepay? There is the means to do so.
    Deb

Hello.
    I have looked at your site and checked a hand full of items and your rates are definitely fair and, in some cases, low. I do not purchase these items but it looks as if there are many similar items listed on a variety of sites. I'm not sure how you can stand out in this crowd because you sure cannot continue to sell at a loss.
    As a buyer, your description did not appeal to me. It was not capitalized nor punctuated and lacked an air of professionalism that might assist you in the long run.
    None of this advice may be useful to you but I thought I'd throw my 2 cents into the hat.
    Good luck
    Deb

Forum Newbie
    View mendeleve's Feedback (+69)
    All-About mendeleve
    View mendeleve's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bloss000 View Post
    As you say it can be worrying buying from a new seller - perhaps you could buy a couple of things to start your feedback off? Be patient, I have only been here a short time but I have sold over 20 items now - things are picking up gradually.
    Welcome to ebid by the way!
    Just have to say I love bloss000 avatar...I agree with the above..the "energy" of this site is much different to that on ebay...I have made at least one new friend here and bought some lovely items and am very enthusiastic about some artichoke seeds I've seen.
    The migration from ebay is also a threat to other established traders so respect must be paid to the existing members of ebid!
    I am finding it more difficult to get familiar with the scope of ebid, but as an ebay escapee I have like others have had worries about making ends meet let alone breaking loose with the credit card...

If anyone can give me tips on offering reiki healing and attunements
    offering music & recording including sound for video..eg you send me a file I can write you a sound track/vocal etc
    Also is there anyone else out there with a Japan addiction??

aregatto!

Quote Originally Posted by mendeleve View Post

Also is there anyone else out there with a Japan addiction??

aregatto!
    I can't resist! Try searching for 20345927!
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Quote Originally Posted by debsknicksknacks View Post
    In the 8 years I have been selling, April is one of the slowest months. Don't know the exact reason.
    Deb
    Tax time maybe, and in many places, the onset of decent weather? I'm betting the garden centers are busy.
    BTW, you have neat things.

Forum Newbie
    View DesignsByGinger's Feedback (+174)
    All-About DesignsByGinger
    View DesignsByGinger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello Fellow eBidders,
    I have only been here a very short time, going on 3 months and I have sold 5 items, all to buyers with 0 sales, all have paid. The problem I am having is getting the feedback. I think the reason is because they are not actively using eBid, they don't have a vested interest in the feedback. What I have done is is send a direct email to their email address, along with posting it on eBid. I just had a customer pay today who ordered something 2 weeks ago, she though she had paid but hadn't, but she paid today and I shipped item today. I had feedback imported from Ebay and I purchased something I needed from another eBid member and got feedback that way.

Thread Information