eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there any market here for pre-owned clothes?

Angry Is there any market here for pre-owned clothes?

I have been a member for over a month. No sales yet. I have been forced to list items back on you know where. Sales with listing fees are better then no sales with no listing fees.

Is there really any market here for a Noth American seller of pre-owned clothing?

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Absolutely - I know many people in the states who buy pre-loved clothing....no idea about Canada, but I suspect people are similar all over.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Yes, absolutely. Everyone likes and uses clothes.

I suspect that you gave up a bit too soon. Most buyers who use all the forum selling hints will have their first sale in 2-3 weeks. Some more, some less. Selling is different here than on feebay, because our buyers come not from one place (i.e. feebay members) but four: Google, ebid members, old customers, and special marketing you do. Google is largest.

The forum hints will help you to get your listings on google, get ebid people to notice you, give you tips on how to bring your good feebay customers over, and how to advertise, market too. You might have just brought your feebay marketing and listings over here and you really got no bites. Takes a bit of effort to set it up, get on google, etc, but then the buyers start to come in.

Remember too that google works best with more listings. On feebay we listed only our best, that was our strategy. Here you can stock your stores full, and you will find you are splashed all over cyperspace on google searches. But does take weeks to get to that place where buyers follow you into ebid and start buying.

Do some research now on ebid. Read past forums, get the hints/tips, and then use the info to start selling here again. It is worth the effort.

Just looked at your listings and see a few problems. You will find these in the forum hints but quickly:

1. first bid takes it. Raise all those opening bids to a reasonable amount.Amount you would accept for item. Not 96 cents, but 6.99, or whatever. No one will bid them up.

2. reduce the shipping to actual costs. Charging $9 to ship seems like a lot. Use cheaper shipping, you will get more buyers.

3. I think your items are really marked too low. three tops for $4? No no no. People will think something is wrong with them, mark them at least $9.99. They are designer tops.

4. Correct spelling in about me page, add a cute picture.

5. Add more items to get more attention for your items on google. Also use buy it now and ten automatic relists to get items uploaded to google. the more you list the more you sell here. That is why we stuff our stores full, it earns us daily sales.

6. After prices are marked up, have a sale or weekend special, whatever, to draw attention to your items.

7. Buyers like to buy more than one here. Tell them what your discount for shipping is if they buy more.

Read the forums and get more hints, but I think that these will get you started. You have very nice items, and they will sell here if you change your marketing strategies a bit.

Good luck.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

That's a great list Delta.

I really admire the help you give to newbies

View cailesm's Feedback (+1053)
    All-About cailesm
    View cailesm's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm a bit concerned about the fact that people don't expect to get more than one bid for their items. Is this really the case? If it is then hopefully things will change, as this is supposed to be an auction site.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cailesm View Post
    I'm a bit concerned about the fact that people don't expect to get more than one bid for their items. Is this really the case? If it is then hopefully things will change, as this is supposed to be an auction site.
    Bidding wars are extremely rare here, outside the monthly charity promotion. Definitely set your start price bearing that in mind, and don't *rely* on multiple bids to push your price up to something acceptable.

I always find it a bit odd when people say what the site is *supposed* to be. As far as I can see, it's a venue for selling, and it allows you to do that in a variety of ways. Rather than view it with a particular bias or tint to one's glasses, accept it for what it is, and make the best of that. As the great philosopher Popeye put it, "I 'yams whats I ams, and dats all that I 'yams".

Welcome aboard, have fun.

View cailesm's Feedback (+1053)
    All-About cailesm
    View cailesm's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I always find it a bit odd when people say what the site is *supposed* to be. As far as I can see, it's a venue for selling, and it allows you to do that in a variety of ways.
    I understand what you're saying, but it is called eBid, so you would expect auctions to be the main way of selling things & in an auction multiple bids are the norm. I suppose it all comes down to the number of buyers who know about & use the site - the more buyers the more potential bids.

I expect bidding wars will rise and you will see more than one bid on your items in time. this will only happen as more and more sellers & buyers move from the dark side.

At present I list for the price i am willing to sell for it really makes no difference to me if people bid or not. But as I said we can have a site full of sellers but getting the buyers here will increase bids.

I agree with what someone said on another board.

" If you have moved from the darkside then gather all your customers email addies and contact them to let them know you have moved. "

I have over 800 + people to contact and will do that as soon as I feel I have enough listed to.

Hi
    I have only ever had one thing on auction that got more than one bid, and that was perfume in 2008.
    I always start things at a price i'm happy to sell for, plus with a Bin price.

Good luck
    Jane

Thread Information