eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This made me sad and very angry.

I have heard of other cases similar and it seems that the Russian agencies are partly at fault for not disclosing existing conditions in these children. It's a shame really because the ones who suffer are the kids.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Forum Lurker
    View comicsemp's Feedback (+587)
    All-About comicsemp
    View comicsemp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wyocowgirl1 View Post
    I have heard of other cases similar and it seems that the Russian agencies are partly at fault for not disclosing existing conditions in these children. It's a shame really because the ones who suffer are the kids.
    Exactly, The Adoption home should take major blame because they didn't disclose to the woman all the mental problems with the child. They lied to her to get the child off their hands because they were having so many problems with the child to(this is just now being revealed in the news). Of Course I'm not saying what the woman did was right either(Far from it), but there's 2 sides to the story and the press is only showing 1 to make big headline news

Quote Originally Posted by comicsemp View Post
    Exactly, The Adoption home should take major blame because they didn't disclose to the woman all the mental problems with the child. They lied to her to get the child off their hands because they were having so many problems with the child to(this is just now being revealed in the news). Of Course I'm not saying what the woman did was right either(Far from it), but there's 2 sides to the story and the press is only showing 1 to make big headline news
    Yes, it happens. My cousin adopted from Yugoslavia about 16 years ago, and her son has lots of problems including some physical deformities, and learning disabilities. She was not told until she arrived there to pick up the baby, that he was only one available to her and her husband, and he had some problems. And he was a 3 year old and she had been promised a little baby, so they were a bit unprepared at home to take care of him. He has had numerous corrective surgeries (was born without an ear), etc. Sad situation, and certainly nothing that they expected.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Makes you wonder why such people need to go to places like Russia, Africa, etc. in order to adopt. There must be plenty of children in their home country in need of a good home. I can only assume that in their own country they are deemed unsuitable to adopt a child. If that is the case then why are they allowed to bring in a child from another country? Children need to stop being treated as a commodity with the resultant 'Returns Policy' if the goods do not fit.

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Makes you wonder why such people need to go to places like Russia, Africa, etc. in order to adopt. There must be plenty of children in their home country in need of a good home. I can only assume that in their own country they are deemed unsuitable to adopt a child. If that is the case then why are they allowed to bring in a child from another country? Children need to stop being treated as a commodity with the resultant 'Returns Policy' if the goods do not fit.
    ==================================================
    hello Mell , I must admit I never thought about it that way , but as you say """ WHY """...there might be a logical answer but I do not recall ever hearing one...........it would be nice to get an offcial answer to these questions.....Papa.

In US it is a long process to adopt. Years. Overseas just takes a couple of months.

The experience varies as does the procedure depending on the country. Another cousin and some friends did go to China and all 5 little girls have no hint of physical or emotional problems. They spent almost a month with them before adoptions were final.

Children were very well treated in theChinese orphange. My cousin still laughs, when she and her hubby took their new daughter back to hotel to change and go to eat, they were surprised to find she had like six layers of clothing on. Flannel wrapped around her chest, etc. It was spring and warm outside, but her caretakers were taking no chances she would get a chill.

Interestingly, China is getting stricter. No babies to older parents, they must take older children, and they no longer accept overweight parents! Feel their health is at risk, and children may suffer later on.

My two cousins and my friends are very good people and parents, so there is no question that they would qualify but did not want to wait for years for US adoption. Maybe then find they were unqualified because of their age (my cousin was 50 and had a 6 year old daughter already)?

I agree, it is sad process is so hard to adopt locally, when kids are waiting for homes. Why move them around the world to offer them a secure home?

If all the paperwork is in place, and the good agencies seem to make sure it is, then the child is issued a passport and can come into US with new parents. Parents have to stay quite a while in China to get the paperwork in order, maybe a month or so if I remember right.

That is what makes this so sad. The little kid had problems, the adoption was maybe rushed thru and woman spent no time with him, etc. I doubt she spend a month with him before signing to adopt him! So the whole business smells, and that poor little boy is the one who suffers. Horrible situation, I am glad US went after agency and shut down temporarily until mess is sorted out. I think she should be charged with abandonment.

Quote Originally Posted by papagran40 View Post
    ==================================================
    hello Mell , I must admit I never thought about it that way , but as you say """ WHY """...there might be a logical answer but I do not recall ever hearing one...........it would be nice to get an offcial answer to these questions.....Papa.

Not an official answer, just a guess. I suspect because the woman was single, she had a harder time adopting a child. Any child, be it in US or China, Russia, whatever. Her options were limited.

This agency seemed poor quality, probably one of the few to deal with her. License was pulled so something is not on the up and up with it.

More to follow I am sure. Poor little boy!

Cambuslang, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View KAYS6912's Feedback (+245)
    All-About KAYS6912
    View KAYS6912's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yorkiesauctions View Post
    American woman sends adopted Russian boy back to Russia on his own because she had "changed her mind" about adopting him.

Story is here.

I hope she's prosecuted.
    I was going absolutely MENTAL when I saw this on the news! Does this women think children are possessions to discard when she feels like it? Jail is too good for this piece of trash. I can't say what I would do to her - and what I really want to call her. I'd be barred for life.

I only hope this child isn't damaged because of this selfish idiot.
    Nancy
    Ceud měle f?*ilte!
    ‘A hundred thousand welcomes!’

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BARGAIN-BROWSER

GENERAL STORE

Forum Diehard
    View lilused's Feedback (+183)
    All-About lilused
    View lilused's Listings
    Forum Posts

First, there are agensies that she should have contacted for help, if she cauld not handle him. And secondly, I blame the lax view on abortion, this causes a huge lack of children available for adoption. Many western countries are feeling this right now. I strongly feel life begins at conception. Every child deserves a chance. Hopefully the whole story will come out. But, to me she was very wrong, and should have sought help, if she needed it.

View Teddyrose54's Feedback (+158)
    All-About Teddyrose54
    View Teddyrose54's Listings
    Forum Posts

Fully behind you on that one~

So the poor kid wasn't perfect~ the money bought faulty goods, did it?

Why not wait until a 2 for one offer was made? Or a half price sale.

This is not adoption, but a sale. With the kids up for grabs. Not right, not right at all.

Kids should be loved and wanted ~ warts and all.

Thread Information