My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dating sites

The timing of this is impeccable. I have been considering signing up for one of the online sites. I haven't been interested for quite sometime, but I find myself being lonely this winter. Maybe because my best friend moved to OK.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

I've not used one as yet but wouldn't rule it out at all.

The Internet is just another (albeit incredibly powerful) resource for meeting people. It's the equivalent of "lonely hearts ads" in the local paper x1000+

One of my best mates found his future wife through a dating site (not thaibrides.cash or anything like that ) about 8 years ago. 3 years later I was best man at their wedding and they are now 5 years happily married with 2 smashing boys.

So it most certainly can work but you do have to be careful...

I even secretly chaperoned my mate on a few unsuccessful dates as some of the women he met looked like thay'd just escaped from 'Prisoner Cell Block H'

Rock, Pop, Indie, Dance and more CDs

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well I will add my thought's to this thread and say yes they can be worthwhile,after I lost my wife in 99 I didn't do anything for two years just concentrated on my daughters and new granddaughter,then thought it was time I got back into the system joined a few chat rooms travelled the country to room meetings etc. a lot of fun and met a lot of very nice ladies.
    Then thought it was time I settled down again and hey ho along comes the now Mrs Huddy.
    Have been married 5 years with a little princess and we are very happy I THINK.
    Met her through meetic a sort of dating thing.
    So yes they can work
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

Give it a try.My daughter says that all the good looking guys she meets are drunks or gay.

Reincarnation is just another repeat

Just the same as dating anywhere else i suppose...just gotta be careful meeting up and all that...but then you have to be if ya only just met anyone from anywhere. Oh and watch out for married idiots on them places pretending they are not lol
    WARNING: May contain traces of sarcasm

Beautiful
    Intelligent
    Talented
    Charming
    Honest

There is a US tv show Millionaire Matchmaker, with a third generation matchmaker with a very high success rate (i.e. marriage). She says the sites are great, but be careful. She imposes rules on her clients and suggests people on site do too, until you know each other better. i.e. no money exchanged, no moving in together/trips, no heavy drinking, traditional dates (dressed up, nice restaurant) only, good manners, etc. Then a commitment (engagement) and a plan for marriage.

Seems a bit extreme but she is an expert. And a couple of guys I know that met gals thru sites, ended up with unwanted houseguests who were a little nutty, or had angry husbands were pounding on the door, or found the gals had six kids they forgot to mention, etc. Slow and easy leads to success.

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Afraid I don't have much experience with dating sites. My wife would frown on my utilizing one.

I'd probably end up in a big if I signed up for one.

Dennis

Hayling Island, Hampshire, United Kingdom
    View Fossy's Feedback (+826)
    All-About Fossy
    View Fossy's Listings
    Forum Posts

About 18 months after I lost my first wife, I joined a singles club. Much more fun than online dating. You meet all sorts of people and there are often so many events arranged that you are spoilt for choice. I made many new good friends through the club and even met my new wife of 15 years there.

You usually all meet up as a crowd and until you get to know some people there is always someone who will take you under their wing until your confidence is built up. They are not intended as dating sites, but romance does happen.
    Chris
    (The sex & drugs have gone, but the rock 'n roll lives on)

Listen to Fossy on the Mojo Fingers Blues Show - Every weekday from 7 till 8pm

If Harmonica players don't blow - they suck.

I'm running a dating agency am I?
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

View smiffy49er's Feedback (+570)
    All-About smiffy49er
    View smiffy49er's Listings
    Forum Posts

Think I'll stick with the one I have.
    I've had him a long time and he is NEARLY house trained.

Better the devil you know

Go on click you know you want to

http://www.justgiving.com/Charyn-Smith

Marriage is a relationship in which one person is always right, and the other is a husband.

Thread Information