Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I am fuming

View bluejypsy's Feedback (+618)
    All-About bluejypsy
    View bluejypsy's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't understand the 6 months period bit but if you do thats ok. I wouldn't place any hope with paypoo and like Mags suggest you tell your bank where to go although that may be difficult depending on what you arrangements are with them.

Special items for that special little person in your life.

Click here to visit Blue's Homemade Goodies.

Sorry Craig i doubt that you can do anything...if it was for crapbay fees then you sign up and agree to pay these on time....by setting up paypal with crapbay you are authorising crapbay to take money from your paypal and authorising paypal to do that...if you paid instantly then and there was money in your account then i dont understand why paypal would have taken money from the account??? also if there was funds in your account it would have come from them not from your bank account as they only take from your bank account when there are insufficient funds in your pp account...well thats what happens with mine anyhow as i have no debit/credit card setup to mine.
    WARNING: May contain traces of sarcasm

Beautiful
    Intelligent
    Talented
    Charming
    Honest

How did they take money from your bank account, was it by Direct debit? If so did both paypal and your bank stick to the rules. http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...-guarantee.htm

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    How did they take money from your bank account, was it by Direct debit? If so did both paypal and your bank stick to the rules. http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...-guarantee.htm
    In Craig's defence....I bought something using Paypal when there was more than enough money in my Paypal account and the bill ended up being paid with an e:cheque without my say so.

The money was taken directly from my bank account without my permission....by my standards...that is theft

I can only pay with an echeque if I fund the payment with my debit card.

Now paypal have in the past charged my debit card without my permission (done things as e-cheques rather than pp balance). A&L have on each occasion refunded the money to me in full each time as they classed them as unauthorised payments

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    I can only pay with an echeque if I fund the payment with my debit card.

Now paypal have in the past charged my debit card without my permission (done things as e-cheques rather than pp balance). A&L have on each occasion refunded the money to me in full each time as they classed them as unauthorised payments
    I didn't put in for a refund for the e:cheques...as they didn't leave me out of pocket.

I thought it would be too much hassle when no real damage was done.

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    I didn't put in for a refund for the e:cheques...as they didn't leave me out of pocket.

I thought it would be too much hassle when no real damage was done.
    Mine didn't leave me out of pocket / overdrawn either but the monies had been set aside for other purposes and didn't see why i should change the way I had set aside things due to paypals unauthorised reasons.

My sellers did get paid with my paypal funds in the end as they should have been at the start.

cor blimey it's 2:40 am

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Whenever you make a paypal payment the source of funds is shown on the payment page before you commit. It's in very small print, but it's right there bang in the middle. If it doesn't say "paypal balance" and that's what you want to use, then choose the link to "change payment source" (or words to that effect). Looks like you've learned an expensive lesson to read carefully before hitting the button to accept a transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by bluejypsy View Post
    I don't understand the 6 months period bit but if you do thats ok. I wouldn't place any hope with paypoo and like Mags suggest you tell your bank where to go although that may be difficult depending on what you arrangements are with them.

I think what he means about 6 month period, is that he's already had some bank charges refunded within the past 6 months, so thay won't refund again on this occassion.

Jane

View playtowin's Feedback (+704)
    All-About playtowin
    View playtowin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    A bank blaming someone elses antics - and charge you 20 notes for this?

I would be moving on to another bank.
    yep but don't try natwest- they charged me £38 in fees when a direct debit didnt get paid

Thread Information