Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thought that I was signing up for one time seller status

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    Yes, most of us start off that way and then as the years go on it gets crushed out of us by the seemingly endless stream of people who can't be bothered to read what's freely available in thousands of forum messages, the user agreement they signed or within the help pages themselves.

That's right, putting on the fake grin and reciting the same old lines over and over grows old very quickly and being massively under appreciated by both forum users and eBid staff makes it happen even quicker. Many good people have simply given up replying at all to newbies.

Stick around long enough and you'll see.
    If you feel that way, then perhaps you should give up replying to newbies. I reply when I can help. If I can't help, I just don't reply.

Yes, that is a 1st for Canada. The young fellow can be very proud of himself. Thanks again, Ginny.

And thanks for the information, Delta.

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    If you feel that way, then perhaps you should give up replying to newbies. I reply when I can help. If I can't help, I just don't reply.
    wait til you get abuse for giving help and see how you feel.... it makes you wonder why you bother after a while... and after a while you give up and let even the nice ones struggle on

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree. Its not nice seeing newbies on here getting treated like they do on Q&A
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Forum Lurker
    View AllNewCDDVD4You's Feedback (+139)
    All-About AllNewCDDVD4You
    View AllNewCDDVD4You's Listings
    Forum Posts

I also agree.It is hard enough when you are first starting out,and even harder to pluck up courage to post in the forums looking for help,without getting crushed for trying.
    Instead of criticism,just leave it to others that are happy to help,if they are able to
    Life can be difficult enough, without being made to feel inadequate and put off joining these forums again

Thank you TonyBridger and AllNew.

I guess damian and somerset have just had just had it with people so they lash out first. I see that damian's message to florida is gone in which he expresses his irritation and feelings of being an unappreciated martyr. Ginny, I'm sorry that you were on the receiving end of that post merely for being kind to a 'newbie' like me.

Yes, I should have read things more carefully. I apologize for my haste in posting my question. But, I was surprised at the rude response, especially after I wrote that I had continued searching and had found my answer. At my age, I guess that I shouldn't be surprised by rudeness anymore.

Marie

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

While the information is there about the subscription being recurring it is obvious from the number of people (as Damian says) that come here with the same query/complaint that is is not made clear enough. It has been put to admin that it should be more 'in yer face' but they do not address the matter. Why is a mystery. I can't believe it is a deliberate attempt to get money out of people as they are notable for their honesty in their dealings with their customers (i.e. us) and if there is any question of an unwarranted charge they will refund without argument.

That said, this charge was warranted and the information was there as you graciously accepted - which is more than most do.

As I think someone pointed out earlier. Should you decide to give eBid another go, now or in the future, you can offset what you have already paid in subscription fees against the Seller+ Lifetime subscription if you decided to go for that.

I do have some empathy with Damian. I have 'bitten my tongue' on a few occasions when this subject crops up. Usually though, that is when people come here screaming and shouting and calling people crooks and not merely seeking guidance.
    Last edited by astral276; 15th February 2010 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    I guess damian and somerset have just had just had it with people so they lash out first.
    only sort of Marie... I am quite willing to help others (as others will tell you) but I do object to some of the abuse that is thrown back at me/us every so often when we do... it really does make you wonder if it is worth the hassle sometimes.

as astral says this topic comes up time and time again, and the poster is not always as polite as some... and I am sorry to say in all cases when it comes down to the seller+ 7days it comes down to not reading what is in front of the person before they hit the accept button... but more often than not the poster blames everyone but themselves, hence some of us are not as polite as we could be when repling to this topic... ask us for help on a different subject and you will (probably) get a very polite reply

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome, FirstGreenIs Gold. I hope you are soon adding to the array of items available here.

Unless I am clearly and specifically told to SHUT UP, I can usually take the good from a conversation if it gives me information I need and asked for. Black text on a white background being the way we communicate here can not always convey intent or attitude so I deliberately adopt a cloak of obliviousness sometimes, to avoid stress. Also I realize I am not clairvoyant about people's meanings so sometimes they fly over my head. Insults or compliments, jokes or warnings. All in all, it's good to have many people's contributions. Truly, I wish you pleasure in giving and receiving help here on the forums yourself.

Thread Information