Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Bought Item, can't get a hold of seller.

Default Bought Item, can't get a hold of seller.

Hi. I'm very new to ebid and would appreciate some help/advice from some experienced users. I bought an item a couple of days ago (Auction ID : 14689211)
    I have paid with paypal to the email address in the sellers contact details. It all seemed to go through fine. (the money is now out of my account) The seller has not yet replied via email or the AAL.
    I understand I havn't given it much time yet but I was quite worried when I tried the sellers website (which his email is hosted from) and it no longer exists. This makes me think the seller may not be getting my emails. If his email is indeed inactive I have no idea how to contact the seller and do not know if he has dispatched my item or not.
    My plan is to leave it and see if I get a response/item through post but I don't know how to go about getting my money refunded if nothing comes of it. Does anyone know how to go about getting a refund through paypal etc. if I can't get a hold of the seller?
    Thanks a lot in advance - Lewis.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

You've bought an expensive item, and paid instantly, with a buyer with no feedback or history to check, without getting an invoice or email response first to prove that the seller is currently active, honest and paying attention.

I'm sorry, I'm usually a pretty optimistic person, but that's not an encouraging combination.

I would definitely not wait too long before looking into opening a paypal dispute - you can always confirm receipt and settle amicably if it works out okay. Disputes are conducted via paypal's own site.

Yeah I realise it was pretty stupid of me to be so hasty with payment. I think i will leave it until monday and then dispute it. Do you just do it on the paypal site? I hope there isn't an issue with the refund :s
    Thanks - Lewis

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lewisnic2301 View Post
    Yeah I realise it was pretty stupid of me to be so hasty with payment. I think i will leave it until monday and then dispute it. Do you just do it on the paypal site? I hope there isn't an issue with the refund :s
    Thanks - Lewis
    You should be able to get to it via your payment or account, I think. I've never filed a dispute myself, so I'm a bit vague, I'm afraid. If paypal get awkward... if you paid from a credit card, you can go to the card company next.

Ok, thanks a lot. I will let you know how it goes if I don't get a reply by Monday. You have been a great help thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lewisnic2301 View Post
    You have been a great help thank you
    our kimbo usually is..... she also tends to beat me to the reply as well

as you have learnt to your cost (and now possible hassle as well) it is always better to wait for an invoice on this site unless you have dealt with the seller before.

unfortunately there a a "few" sellers who list their items and then A) because the fees are so low and B) because they dont get sales within a few weeks (days) leave the site and dont come back.

unfortunately there a a "few" sellers who list their items and then A) because the fees are so low and B) because they dont get sales within a few weeks (days) leave the site and dont come back.
    yeah, that's a shame because it looks like a great site with a good community. Is there anything I can do to report this seller if it turns out he has just left it? Save more people like me possibly losing time and/or money on it.

well the only advice I can give is report the seller to ebid at support@ebid.tv

I have now opened up a dispute through paypal. The seller now has a new email address and I believe he should get the message sent through the paypal site. I have to wait a week before making a claim through paypal. If I do not get a reply I will make the claim as soon as paypal allows me to. If the seller replies I may be able to settle the dispute with him. Although I'm finding it unlikely I will get the item. It sounds like he will have sold them elsewhere by now.
    Thanks again for the advice guys.
    - Lewis.

*EDIT WITH UPDATE*

The seller has now replied to my paypal dispute (very promptly too) He appologizes for the lack of communication (he has recently changed his website and email address) and gave me his new website, email address and a phone number I can contact him on. He assures me he still has the items on the listing in stock and is sending one out to me soon with an email with the tracking details. It looks like this sale is going to work out fine for me I will, however, be more cautious in future by getting invoices before sending payment and making sure the seller is active before going through with the deal.
    Thanks a lot for the help guys you have been great and shown me the community on eBid is a great one. I will always keep eBid in mind when in need of things in the future or when selling items.

- Lewis.
    Last edited by lewisnic2301; 14th December 2009 at 12:11 AM.

Thread Information