eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: PPPay Charges ???

Forum Lurker
    View bidnwin's Feedback (+16)
    All-About bidnwin
    View bidnwin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default PPPay Charges ???

I was checking the charges for PPPay and it seems that we are charged 50p for sending a payment and the same again for receiving which makes it worse than Paypal on low cost items and recieving payments, heaven forbid.
    Can anyone answer this one, accurately please ?

People who use a credit or debit card to make a normal pppay payment are charged 49p, and 99p for an escrow pppay payment. The seller pays 3.3% but no transaction fee

If a pppay user has funds in their pppay account and sends the seller a pppay normal pppay payment then the buyer is not charged any fee, and the seller is not charged any fee either.

Regards a pppay user sending a pppay escrow payment to a seller using their pppay account then I do not know what (if any) fee is charged to buyer / seller as this has not happened to me in all the pppay payments that I have sent & received.

Withdrawing money from pppay to your bank is 1% but it's a minimum of 75p minimum.

Personally I don't see the reason for using a credit card and using an escrow service as if a buyer don't get the items that have been paid for by a credit card can do a chargeback through the credit card company

Forum Lurker
    All-About bidnwin
    View bidnwin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    People who use a credit or debit card to make a normal pppay payment are charged 49p, and 99p for an escrow pppay payment. The seller pays 3.3% but no transaction fee

If a pppay user has funds in their pppay account and sends the seller a pppay normal pppay payment then the buyer is not charged any fee, and the seller is not charged any fee either.

Regards a pppay user sending a pppay escrow payment to a seller using their pppay account then I do not know what (if any) fee is charged to buyer / seller as this has not happened to me in all the pppay payments that I have sent & received.

Withdrawing money from pppay to your bank is 1% but it's a minimum of 75p minimum.

Personally I don't see the reason for using a credit card and using an escrow service as if a buyer don't get the items that have been paid for by a credit card can do a chargeback through the credit card company
    Thanks for that, it seems that it is cheaper than the dreaded Paypal from that explanation apart from bank transfers, I have had payment to PPPay and I thought I had been charged, must check it out. I thought when checking the T&C's for fees that there was a charge.
    Why are so unnecessarily complicated.
    They must just take delight in giving us grief and headaches.

Thanks for the reply Sarah.
    Last edited by bidnwin; 30th November 2009 at 03:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bidnwin View Post
    Thanks for that, it seems that it is cheaper than the dreaded Paypal from that explanation apart from bank transfers, I have had payment to PPPay and I thought I had been charged, must check it out. I thought when checking the T&C's for fees that there was a charge.
    Why are so unnecessarily complicated.
    They must just take delight in giving us grief and headaches.

Thanks for the reply Sarah.
    What was the total amount and the fee you have been charged?

I'm in the minority of people that like pppay.

Forum Lurker
    All-About bidnwin
    View bidnwin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Not sure, I will need to check on that. I will have a look and see if I was right, should have done that before posting really.
    I must admit I prefer PPPay's policy and was offering a disount to anyone who paid that way.

Forum Lurker
    All-About bidnwin
    View bidnwin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Receive e-Money (instant) from their card Debit GBP(£) 7.78 / Send Fee GBP(£) 0.49 / Sent GBP(£) 7.29

Receive Fee GBP(£) 0.24 / Credit GBP(£) 7.05

These are the details from the transaction, seems that there is both a send fee and a receive fee, I'll check my other halfs account and see if that was charged, BRB
    Last edited by bidnwin; 30th November 2009 at 03:27 AM.

Forum Lurker
    All-About bidnwin
    View bidnwin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Receive e-Money (instant) from their card
    Send Fee GBP(£) 0.49
    Receive Fee GBP(£) 0.50 / Credit GBP(£) 14.75

I thought I had been charged but 50p, can't grumble and it seems the payment was by card in both cases so I suppose that explains it.

Thanks for that Sarah.
    Last edited by bidnwin; 30th November 2009 at 03:28 AM.

Receive e-Money (instant) from their card Debit GBP(£) 7.78 / Send Fee GBP(£) 0.49 / Sent GBP(£) 7.29

Receive Fee GBP(£) 0.24 / Credit GBP(£) 7.05

These are the details from the transaction, seems that there is both a send fee and a receive fee, I'll check my other halfs account and see if that was charged, BRB

That seems right as 3.3% is 23.265p (24p)
    GC & paypal normal would have been 44.78p (45p)
    Paypal micro would have been 41.45p (42p)

Receive e-Money (instant) from their card
    Send Fee GBP(£) 0.49
    Receive Fee GBP(£) 0.50 / Credit GBP(£) 14.75

I thought I had been charged but 50p, can't grumble and it seems the payment was by card in both cases so I suppose that explains it.

Thanks for that Sarah.
    That seems a penny too high as I thought it should be 48.675 so 49p
    Paypal normal & GC would be 70.15p (71p)
    Paypal micro would be 78.75p (76p)

So if like me you save the pppay balance until you have save more than 75p then even with the withdrawal fee you still save more.

Thread Information