Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: help in making my 1st sale!!!!

Forum Newbie
    View TINA525252's Feedback (+2291)
    All-About TINA525252
    View TINA525252's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile help in making my 1st sale!!!!

hi all, love reading the forums , they are so friendly , not like ebay!!!!! and the site is so easy to use
    been here about 3 weeks , after 5 years on ebay, and not made a sale yet. can anyone give me any pointers? kind regards tina

Default help in making my 1st sale!!!!

Hi Tina,
    Welcome to ebid.
    I don't think a lot of people are doing all that well in selling things right now, here or anywhere.
    I've had a quick look at your auctions and clicked on a few of them. It might be helpful to list the names of all of the tracks instead of just some of them.
    You could, if you haven't already, put an entry under plug your auctions in the forums, for what it's worth.
    Perhaps you could contact your previous ebay buyers and tell them you're here now.
    You could have a look and see if anybody is trying to sell the same things as you are and see what their prices are and try to match or beat them, but your prices seem so low already, I think, that that might not be a good idea.
    Good luck.
    Kind regards,
    Cynthia

View pique's Feedback (+134)
    All-About pique
    View pique's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Tina

It might help putting a signature link on your forum postings. Personally we are having the slowest time we have ever had on ebid at the moment. Looking back at last November we were selling consistently but it is incredibly quiet at the moment. Thankfully we are selling off the net!

There will be people who are doing really well but as Cynthia says I think a lot are not so I guess its just a matter of sticking with it. Overall ebid is great value and we just hope that this 'dead' period is just a blip.

All the best
    Pique Antiques and Collectables for all kinds of interesting items - ceramics, books, programmes, first day covers, pictures etc etc
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Pique-Anti...d Collectables

Tammy's Emporium for all kinds of useful home, garden and leisure products.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Tammys-Emporium

Pique Beauty for skincare, fragrances, bodycare, tanning & Beauty at unbeatable prices
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Pique-Beauty

If you have only been here 3 weeks & no sales how is it possible for you to have such a High Feedback Amount?

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Tina, welcome to eBid and I do wish you good luck. The more offerings here, the better!

You might want to buy a few items on eBid to gain some positive feedback. Or, you can watch out for the YDC listings at the end of each month and offer some items. There is a thread describing YDC coming up soon, I believe, in the Charities section of this forum.

Ancestors, the feedback is imported from repatoo. I have a link to my feedback "on other sites" on my "about the seller" page also but it's not factored into my eBid feedback. I believe repatoo or eBid allow you to have your choice of how to handle these imported feedbacks.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View maroy41's Feedback (+1089)
    All-About maroy41
    View maroy41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OurAncestorsAttic View Post
    If you have only been here 3 weeks & no sales how is it possible for you to have such a High Feedback Amount?
    Feedback has been imported from feebay Oops I mean Rapatoo.
    Great books reasonable prices please click on the logo below and browse around I have quite a selection for you to choose from.

Some great Dvd's --->
    Here

Anyone who is a former ebay seller knows that feedback from ebay cannot be trusted because ebay ruined it. I mean isn't that 1 of the reasons we left ebay?

View knitandpurl's Feedback (+58)
    All-About knitandpurl
    View knitandpurl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile

Hi there and welcome to ebid, had a peek at your auctions they look fine, it is quiet at the moment, haven't had a sale for about 3 weeks. One comment I hope you don't mind me making, your postage is fairly high for 2nd class post. Maybe with fees being a lot lower you could afford to lower postage slightly. Good luck with your sales.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome Tina! Patience & following the good advise that is plentiful in the forums may help your sales. Best wishes on your growth & sales at eBid.

P.S. I enjoy seeing action on eBid as a seller or a buyer. I've made 2 recent sales, just won an auction, and curently bidding on 3 from 1 seller. I believe in staying busy on both sides of the equation.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Postage is a bit steep. Perhaps you should nosey around other sellers sites who sell similar items & see average shipping charges, etc. I know competitive pricing & s/h fees is important to me and all who are impacted by the economy.

Thread Information