My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Leather chair hits car while being driven home

Default Leather chair hits car while being driven home

Guy in Duluth Minnesota added a lawn mower engine and a cup holder to his Lazy-boy reclining chair and drove it to the corner tavern..

Many beers later he attempted to drive the chair home but the trip was cut short when he hit a car. He was taken into custody for drunken driving and damage to property.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quite right too. Of course he wouldn't be insured either so the poor motorist is going to be out of pocket.

I can just see this on the insurance form

Nature of Claim: A recliner hit my car
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

View shelleywelley's Feedback (+391)
    All-About shelleywelley
    View shelleywelley's Listings
    Forum Posts

I read about that earlier, police are planning to auction it on the other side. (link to BBC News story)

I believe it. I used to live in Duluth. Minnesotans are very creative, and I think they invented the concept of recycling. Never throw anything away, because eventually there'll be another use for it. But, some of them have more imagination than common sense.

Notice I'm far, far away from there now.

Quote Originally Posted by shelleywelley View Post
    I read about that earlier, police are planning to auction it on the other side. (link to BBC News story)

Really!! Saw an Associated Press photo, it ain't so pretty to look at. Had either the cupholder in front or maybe it was a crude steering wheel. At least I think he had a steering wheel!

Next he will be signing a movie deal!

Quote Originally Posted by shelleywelley View Post
    Yikes, a nitrious oxide booster? headlights? and bumper stickers? And it could do 20 MPH? That guy was a real fool. Lucky he got 180 days in the jug for that little stunt.

An update. The Proctor Minnesota police department attempted to sell the La-Z-boy chair with cup holder on feebay and the bids went up to almost $44,000. However the listing was pulled when the La-Z-boy company complained that it was NOT an official La-Z-boy chair. The company's web site says their brand "is synonymous with comfort and quality" and not built for speed and getting drunks home (that last assumption added by Jim Stingl of Milwaukee Journal staff).

So the name had to be changed in the listing to DWI (driving while intoxicated) chair and the bidding closed at $10,999. However that win fell thru and now they are hoping the last bidder of $9,999 will take it.

In the meantime the original owner offered an original seat cushion from the chair on feebay this week, and got $38.37 and is also selling autographed pictures of himself and his chair in happier times.

Oh dear - it is not funny - but the thought of him selling 'photos of happier times' has me creased up
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Thread Information