My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Ive got sales!!!!!

Default Ive got sales!!!!!

Unreal..... Gave Ebid a test as a seller + for a month and made literally one sale all month for £1.99, so could not justify the monthly fee or my time.

So I knock it down to 'seller' and in the last 2 days have made 4 sales!!!!

Go Ebid..

I am now uploading some more of my auctions and also adding international postage options for some.

2 questions........

What am I missing out on if I remain as a seller and not a seller +

Most of my items are Buy it Now and I have listed as good till sold. I see some people say its a lot better to make these expire and relist? Is there any truth in this? I have featured some, so at least there is a link at the top to some of my auctions.

Thanks to any who take the time to reply!

Col

"So I knock it down to 'seller' and in the last 2 days have made 4 sales!!!!"

Yes, I know, I'm one of them!

Seriously, though hang around, there will be plenty of helpers along shortly who will be able to explain things to you better than me - they have their own links etc to help pages etc

Anyway good luck!

Ann

uk.nine.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?words=redannigoni&mo=search&type=user

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Phias-Miniatures

Lots of handcrafted dollshouse items for you to add to your 'mini-world'

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

What you get for your money is in their fees schedule http://uk.ebid.net/help_money.php

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Run Until Sold (along with On First Bid) suits the selling model of some members. The only problem with it (them) is that items listed as such are displayed at the end of search results and never move from there. So in a well populated category a potential buyer is unlikely ever to get as far as your listing.

Running an item for a fixed period of days allows it to rise to the top of search results as it nears its expiry date and also appear in the Closing Auctions display area. If you list for 10 days with 10 Auto-Repost that allows it to run for around 3 months before you have to maintain it. If it hasn't sold by then you should really be looking at the listing with a view to tweaking the description or price as clearly something is wrong.

I doubt your seller status had anything to do with your sales. They would have come regardless of whether you were Seller or Seller+.

Thanks,

Think I will remain as a regular seller for a while and see how things go.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LanternsnLabels View Post

What am I missing out on if I remain as a seller and not a seller +

Most of my items are Buy it Now and I have listed as good till sold. I see some people say its a lot better to make these expire and relist? Is there any truth in this? I have featured some, so at least there is a link at the top to some of my auctions.

Col
    You're missing five free shops with their own URL's which you can direct people to. The shops display your items in gallery view which looks pretty good if you have interesting items to sell. Your shop name/link also shows up on Google shopping when your stuff is indexed there.

There are several other advantages.

Yes, BIN, ten days, ten relists is a good pattern. You should avoid RTS.

See what I've sold on eBid - http://www.flickr.com/photos/sellingonebid/

Everything is up to you. If you don't give 100% then you will not have all the sales you can have. This means telling old customers you moved, marketing via postings or handouts at events, and running auctions that show up on google searches (BIN and 10 automatic reposts get listing up on google searches within a few hours).

We ask that newbies who are having trouble selling come back to the forums and ask for help if they don't have sales in the first few weeks. Often just a tweek is necessary to get sales rolling. However, lucky you, you are now at this point already, so you might want to add more items and have a go at selling here to see if it will result in even more sales. Obviously you have items that are wanted. Good to offer international too if you have lighter related items to offer the US and Canada crowd.

Thread Information