Thread: More PC madness: Parents not allowed to watch their own kids play

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by craig7501 View Post
    Don't say that as it just could happen
    I'll just simmer for awhile and see what other peeps think.

Quote Originally Posted by bluefincircle View Post
    I think that the presence of vetted staff could be a good thing from the safety point of view although I wonder what the permitted ratio of 'ranger'/children is going to be.

However, I can't see responsible parents/carers being happy about being excluded from something so important and I'd definitely take the children elsewhere if it was 'rangers' only.
    I'd take my children elsewhere too. Ever tried arguing with a particular type of council employee? Pointless waste of time.

And who is to say these rangers could be trusted. That monster Huntly slipped through the net. Wasn't he a janitor?

Best people to look after kids are responsible parents. End of!
    http://im1.ebidst.com/upload_banner/booksforsale_61768.jpg

Booksforsale For Vintage Homewares and New & Secondhand Books

Main Store - Click Here

Join ebid here

Quote Originally Posted by bluefincircle View Post
    I think that the presence of vetted staff could be a good thing from the safety point of view although I wonder what the permitted ratio of 'ranger'/children is going to be.

However, I can't see responsible parents/carers being happy about being excluded from something so important and I'd definitely take the children elsewhere if it was 'rangers' only.
    Absolutely!!! PC gone crazy! My husband and I regularly take our grandsons to the local park when we are babysitting - I can just imagine my daughter-in-law's face if I told her I had left them in someone else's care, someone we didn't know from Adam just because they were wearing a uniform or a badge or something, whatever. And can you imagine if something happened to them! We'd be dead!!

This makes me so angry

uk.nine.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?words=redannigoni&mo=search&type=user

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Phias-Miniatures

Lots of handcrafted dollshouse items for you to add to your 'mini-world'

And just to add to my previous post! - Can anybody really imagine how much money these wackos get paid to come up with all these really stupid ideas - this is definitely one big waste of resources - they want people to be responsible and yet in the same breath they seem to try to take away every responsibility that should befall a parent

uk.nine.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?words=redannigoni&mo=search&type=user

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Phias-Miniatures

Lots of handcrafted dollshouse items for you to add to your 'mini-world'

Just something to consider:

It seems that the majority of posters demand that parents be permitted into the play area with the kids. What about people like Vanessa George? She is a parent but she has just been charged with being a pedo at the nursery she worked at. How do you know if another parent has things on their mind that you wouldn't like?

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    Just something to consider:

It seems that the majority of posters demand that parents be permitted into the play area with the kids. What about people like Vanessa George? She is a parent but she has just been charged with being a pedo at the nursery she worked at. How do you know if another parent has things on their mind that you wouldn't like?
    I don't think anyone knows the answer to that one.

Who knows whether their children are going to be safe in school?....and most parents send their children to school where parents are regularly enlisted as class helpers.

And what about all those classes and clubs that children go to?

The only way we can be sure our children are safe from dodgy strangers is to keep them indoors...in the same room we are in.

But then again...statistics show that most abused children are abused by family members, babysiters and others already known to them.

Maybe we should be extra safe and not have children at all

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

================================================== ==

Moony....you may well be nearer the truth than most people would like to admit...
    I think it was Prince Philip , a few years ago , who said the working class should only have 2 children.....perhaps now , as you say , ????..
    they are just damned idiots...tell them to go forth and multiply...............papa.

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Children could not be safer than under the watchful eyes of vigilent parents in a public place. The mayoress ought to get herself pregnant, then she could have a voice.

View playtowin's Feedback (+704)
    All-About playtowin
    View playtowin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    Insanity or a sad reflection on today's society?
    What do you think about it?
    both- insanity and a sad reflection.
    i read the story in the paper a few days ago-
    what worries me is-as in other current news stories,( i dont think its necessary to mention which), but i'm sure people involved in those would have had current CRB checks due to the nature of their jobs. I would not want them looking after my children!
    Doesn't it contradict that councils decision to not allow the kids parents/grandparents decide what is best for their children?
    I know there are always exceptions but to be led to believe you can trust somebody with the most precious thing in your life only to find out different when its too late, really doesnt bear thinking about.

Quote Originally Posted by papagran40 View Post
    ================================================== ==

Moony....you may well be nearer the truth than most people would like to admit...
    I think it was Prince Philip , a few years ago , who said the working class should only have 2 children.....perhaps now , as you say , ????..
    they are just damned idiots...tell them to go forth and multiply...............papa.
    I am struggling to see what the working class and how many children they should have, has to do with this?
    http://im1.ebidst.com/upload_banner/booksforsale_61768.jpg

Booksforsale For Vintage Homewares and New & Secondhand Books

Main Store - Click Here

Join ebid here

Thread Information