Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Please a hundred times Gazza can you advertise for us in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by hotandvintage View Post
    Yeah it is nice that ebay only charge you 10p and an overinflated final value fee, as you may now be forced to include the postage in the price, or any insurance you have to add on your expensive items.

and then you always have the chance that either ebay or paypal will give that payment you earned back to the buyer, if they decide to say this is not the same colour as my black and white monitor. And the way ebay is setting it up to take over from paypal, then you could have both giving the money back, as all they have to do is take the money from ebay, and then start a CC clawback on paypal.

You are right ebay is great value for the criminally insane.

Thanks for the lead in.
    Well - as many are hoping that this thread is picked up by google, so many may read it, they will also see the attitude of various sellers.

No i dont HAVE to include postage in the price, but I do on many items through choice - and it increased sales.

I do not sell expensive items - highest is £2.50.

As for the paypal stuff - you think that selling at a different venue, then accepting paypal makes it safer? Wake up.
    IMO, it is your loss that you dont accept it anymore.
    Last edited by MagnetsAndHangers; 22nd September 2009 at 11:48 AM.

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well - as many are hoping that this thread is picked up by google, so many may read it, they will also see the attitude of various sellers.

It is not just this thread, you're missing the point.
    How do you think the sellers that run into trouble and start to search will feel when they find these and other posts. They going to relate to you, with your I can sell my low cost stuff for nothing and I don't care about anyone else attitude, or sellers like my self and others that are looking to promote alternatives for them and us, rather than them having to go back to sell the ebay way of cloak and dagger.

No i dont HAVE to include postage in the price, but I do on many items through choice - and it increased sales.

I do not sell expensive items - highest is £2.50.

There you go again, you are showing your caring side for those sellers just finding this and other posts.
    Why are your sales increasing on ebay when you add free shipping? If your sales are increasing then you really think it is not at the cost of someone else, maybe because ebay are making your items come in search and not theirs?

You really think your goods will bring in the buyers on ebay when the used vintage goods are gone? I have yet to hear anything from ebay on what they are changing to draw in the new customer base that are looking for low cost imported items. They seem to think their customer base is just going to stop looking for the vintage leather bag or the antique candle stick and start searching for a million choices of colour on your mobile cover.

As for the paypal stuff - you think that selling at a different venue, then accepting paypal makes it safer? Wake up.
    IMO, it is your loss that you dont accept it anymore.

I do not accept paypal, and that is the difference I am not being forced to accept any payment method, and ebay do not trust the safety of paypal so much that they are taking over the buyer protection.
    They do not accept it as a payment method when buying ebay goods in their own store, and have even considered removing it as a payment method for their listing services.
    Ebay Germany's head demanded passport and other ID before accepting paypal as a payment method.

And you tell me I am a fool for not accepting it? OK, if you say so

Forum Newbie
    All-About fineandandy
    View fineandandy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    Huh?
    It costs me 10p to list 20, 30 or however many of each item
    most items do only cost 10p but there are some catagories like cds and cables. that cost more. if you sell something on ebay for £1 the minmum final value fee is 40%

Thread Information