Thread: Bulk Lister - Uploading

Forum Newbie
    Great Brickhill, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View agoodfriend's Feedback (+1)
    All-About agoodfriend
    View agoodfriend's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Kimbo
    Many thanks for leading this dunce by the hand to the correct answer. You've just saved me so many hours. I can't thanks you enough. I think I'm going to like it here on eBid.

Forum Newbie
    View GJSportsCoUk's Feedback (+1)
    All-About GJSportsCoUk
    View GJSportsCoUk's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi,

I have a similar-ish problem with the bulk lister system. I'm newly registered and i tried the easiest route of exporting my turbo lister files into a csv, shifting around some fields, etc, to make it work with ebid. I thought it had worked fine - and, typically, i didnt bother to check all my listings thoroughly!

A few days later i came back and noticed, whilst they were mostly okay, the descriptions were either missing or partially complete.

The other aspect is that all the descriptions are showing in text format - ie, the HTML is showing as HTML. Is that something i've done, or does the lister or auctions not support it?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by agoodfriend View Post
    Hi Kimbo
    Many thanks for leading this dunce by the hand to the correct answer. You've just saved me so many hours. I can't thanks you enough. I think I'm going to like it here on eBid.
    LOL no worries. Yes, it's not a bad place.

Forum Newbie
    View luckyhair5925's Feedback (-8)
    All-About luckyhair5925
    View luckyhair5925's Listings
    Forum Posts

yes exactly. If we'd have access to the API that would be great and everyone could make their scheduler and what not

Quote Originally Posted by luckyhair5925 View Post
    yes exactly. If we'd have access to the API that would be great and everyone could make their scheduler and what not
    Well, not everyone, you need to be a skilled programmer for starters. But the point is that there's a number of us around who, if an API had been published or discussed, could have produced a lister in a FRACTION of the time that Ninja Lister has been vapourware. And in some cases might even have done it as free open source software.

I'm quite puzzled that G&M are wonderfully responsive on the whole, yet on this topic of the API they're as silent as the grave. What's the problem, Gazza?
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have just been talking to someone about that from auctionsplash, they have been trying to look into adding any of the alternatives, but say they get no place, due to the API problems.

Maybe that would be a good alternative as Auctionsplash, also works for buyers.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    I'm quite puzzled that G&M are wonderfully responsive on the whole, yet on this topic of the API they're as silent as the grave.
    They seem less and less communicative of late. Sometimes wonder if they are still around. Some topics they appear to refuse to discuss or comment on at all and you are just met with silence.

Quote Originally Posted by TCCSales View Post
    Or...we could all wish upon on a star that ebid would do what they said over a year ago & actually releases Ninja Lister so we do not have to jump through hoops like this.
    In my opinion this will be Ebids Downfall if they dont get their finger out and sort something.I for one haven't got the time to sit and create a spreadsheet everytime i want to list something.So i dont bother.Its a shame because i have paid for lifetime aswell.

Maybe one day things will change.
    For all your obsolete Corgi/Dinky stickers.
    Just click on my storebanner.

I do wish ebid had bulk loader prog like turbo lister from darkside.
    I think you get lot more poeple using ebid too
    Ebid Store for quality compatible and remanufactured inkjet cartridges

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/North-Wales-Inks

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    They seem less and less communicative of late. Sometimes wonder if they are still around. Some topics they appear to refuse to discuss or comment on at all and you are just met with silence.
    Because they've discovered long ago that if they voice unpopular thoughts then the result is worse than saying nothing.

But why they want to keep quiet about this issue, beats me.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information