Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do I cancel a order?

Forum Newbie
    View iridescentdiva's Feedback (+16)
    All-About iridescentdiva
    View iridescentdiva's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default How do I cancel a order?

I have sold an item and my fault I had it listed but I no longer have it in stock. SAles are so few and far between on here I forget to check often. SO I have refunded to customer but now I want to unmark it as paid and close the sale? any ideas!!!!

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you've refunded and the buyer's left happy, I can't see that there's anything else to do. What are you actually trying to achieve? Sorry if I'm being slow!

Forum Newbie
    All-About iridescentdiva
    Forum Posts

Well if i dont cancel the sale I pay the selling fees dont I so I want to cancel it to show the sale has not gone through.

well if you had removed the item from this site when you sold it elsewhere you wouldn't have had to pay the fvf here would you...

as it is your own fault you now have fvf's I would bite the bullet, look big and pay the fvf... I doubt its a fortune and take it as a lesson to update all the sites you sell on when you sell the item elsewhere

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Right, so what you actually want to achieve is a refund on your FVF? Hmmm... since it wasn't a non-paying bidder (they paid, you didn't want to accept it) I don't think there's much you can do. (picture me scratching my head here )

In theory you can mark the sale as NPB, but it's not true, is it? And to go the NBP route you have to send three payment reminders to your buyer (who will probably get pretty cross about it at that point) and then contact ebid to ask them to do a manual refund of your fees - who since they have done everything they should have done, might not be that keen? It seems to me that you're risking upsetting a buyer, who could then leave negative feedback, and upsetting ebid who could do lots worse! Is it a big sale? Cos if not the fee is probably only pence. Might be better just to walk away from it and consider it a few pence paid for a useful lesson?

That's just my take on it, you might see it differently and wish to pursue it. As I say, to do that you have to send three payment reminders twenty-four hours apart, then you can mark as unpaid. Then you contact support.

the op might like to also do a stock check and remove any other items they dont have anymore to make sure it does not happen again

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

The question you have to ask is 'Did eBid fulfil their obligations in getting you a sale?'.

The answer to that, I would say, is 'Yes'. Therefore they are entitled to any fees that may apply to that sale.

The inability to complete that sale is your own fault and the cost of that error should be also.

Forum Newbie
    All-About iridescentdiva
    Forum Posts

ok i was only asking. You dont ask you dont know do you. I know it is my fault just want to query so thank you bykimbo for your time I did not think it would just I could not remember if ebid sent automatic reminders and I did not want the customer to be pestered. As for the rest of the comment I was only asking! thanks what a friendly forum..

Quote Originally Posted by cosmeticsfairy View Post
    ok i was only asking. You dont ask you dont know do you. I know it is my fault just want to query so thank you bykimbo for your time I did not think it would just I could not remember if ebid sent automatic reminders and I did not want the customer to be pestered. As for the rest of the comment I was only asking! thanks what a friendly forum..

It is a very friendly forum! You asked a question and received honest comments.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cosmeticsfairy View Post
    ...I could not remember if ebid sent automatic reminders and I did not want the customer to be pestered..
    That is a good point and one that had not occurred to me.

eBid do send out feedback chasers so if as far as they are concerned the deal went through they likely would send them out to your 'buyer'.

What is really needed, and I think has been asked for before, is a way to mark a transaction as mutually terminated but still leaving eBid entitled to their fees.

Best you can do with the current setup is to forewarn your buyer that, unless they have opted out, they may receive feedback chasers and to please ignore them. I would expect they would prefer that to being flagged as a non-paying bidder.

Thread Information