eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And so the saga continues (maplegin)

Default And so the saga continues (maplegin)

Well we are back from the hospital again…

They looked, prodded and poked around her (chemo) arm and decided no way were they going to get any bloods let alone give her her treatment in that arm… off they go to consult the consultant… “We will have to use the arm they operated on as she needs the treatment, the veins should be fine”

So they take the blood out for her tests and send them off to the pathology lab. While we are waiting for the results to see if they can proceed with the chemo the nurse comes back to us… “The consultant wants to see you” so off we trundle

“We are suppose to do a new C.T. scan between this and your next treatment… but we don’t want to put you through anymore discomfort than you are already having so we are not going to do it until all your chemo is over” consultant pauses for breath… Pam sighs with relief… BIG mistake… “However after your chemo and your radiotherapy we want to give you Herceptin®” “the thing is the treatment will last a year, once every 3 weeks, and you will need to have a permanent shunt in your arm”

So from start to finish Pam will now need 2 years of constant treatment every 3 weeks. They have also re-booked her into Taunton in 3 weeks time to have the shunt fitted.

Then the blood tests came back… off the nurse trundles to see the consultant again, and comes back a few moments later… “Your bloods are boarder line but we have decided to give you your chemo… However there is a VERY strong chance that Nigel will end up having to rush you into A&E in around 10 days time for an emergency blood transfusion due to your blood counts crashing dangerously low”

So as usual we lurch from one problem to the next.

BTW I forgot to say the consultant has told the cost to the NHS for the course of Herceptin® is £25,000. At least we can’t say we haven’t got our money’s worth out of the NHS for all the years of paying our taxes.

What can I say Nigel, at least it's good to know someone is getting treatment for all my contributions.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    What can I say Nigel, at least it's good to know someone is getting treatment for all my contributions.
    yours and the rest of the KTers I should think

Glasgow, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View ejean9's Feedback (+946)
    All-About ejean9
    View ejean9's Listings
    Forum Posts

Nigel...give Pam my best..you both need to take it easy..lots of treatment and lots of running around..rest up...

Forum Saint
    View penny291's Feedback (+1190)
    All-About penny291
    View penny291's Listings
    Forum Posts

Awww, you are really going through a rough time and worrying time, there is nothing one can say but you have our Best Wishes and Thoughts and Prayers, it could be any one of us, and most of us have had similar experiences personally and with family, so know we are all rooting for you both.

View brishada's Feedback (+209)
    All-About brishada
    View brishada's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Nigel and Pam

You both must be feeling pretty shattered right now.

To say, try not to worry seems a blatantly stupid thing to say, so rest when you can and try to focus on and enjoy the simple things you can do together inbetween. Take each day and treatment as it comes, a little bit at a time…

You are in our thoughts and prayers
    Take care you two
    Blessings
    Sharon

Bloomin' 'eck tell Pam any more twists and turns and she will be able to write the perfect novel when all this has finished !

Pleased that they are going to fund the treatment for you that's one positive thing. Take it easy I will be thinking of you both.

What an ordeal for you both - more hiccups and no light at the tunnels end.

My thoughts are with you both. Take each day as it comes, and enjoy the time together when you can - things will get better - its just a matter of time.

Love to you both
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View maroy41's Feedback (+1089)
    All-About maroy41
    View maroy41's Listings
    Forum Posts

All my best wishes to you both, god bless.
    Great books reasonable prices please click on the logo below and browse around I have quite a selection for you to choose from.

Some great Dvd's --->
    Here

Thinking of you both... Often

Click to open The Allsorts Cupboard

Widen your search Horizons
    Find it on eBid
    Click here to join the fun for FREE

Thread Information