Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 64 of 85 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Second-Life - Promote eBid for peanuts!

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Congrats to annelie, Miranda, Plasco, Crow, walter, Mrln,
    PirateOfSoFla, libido, Butterfly96 and Kt on your winds of L$25.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

View rupert691's Feedback (+2286)
    All-About rupert691
    View rupert691's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi everyone!

Latst batch of winners are:-

Tina Caudron M
    jef Ragu NM

Georgia Caerndow M
    Phillippa Parx NM

Kali Burner NM
    Kari Eberhardt M

Baltoro Haystack M
    Chew Xue NM

Traci Burner NM
    WesJames Waffle M

Congratulations to all the above, especially to our newest eBid Group Members! Great to see we're getting the 'eBid word' out there!

All being well, I'll have news very soon, of a new contest at the Mall that should promise to be memorable! Those who are 'game for a laugh', stay tuned!

All the best for now,

Simon.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

'Rupert's Books' for Unusual used books!

All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Congrats to Tina, Georgia, Kari, Baltoro and WesJames on their L$75 wins and jef, Phillippa, Kali, Chew and Traci on their L$25 wins.

The idea Simon is working on should be a lot of fun and give those desiring to show their singing talent a chance to do it. Glad I am not one of the singers!!
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Hi everyone!

I am pleased to announce what will surely promise to be a fun event/contest at our Manderley Mall in Second-Life.

Amazingly, it's not still widely known that it is possible in the virtual world of Second-Life, to simply plug a microphone into your PC, adjust a few settings in 'Preferences' within the SL Programme, and speak so that those around can hear you.

Some use 'voice' simply to save typing, or find it's a more personal alternative, but others have created an entire SL Carreer out of singing live, and building up a substantial following in SL.

On Saturday the 18th October at 8pm UK time (12 noon SL time), the SL eBid Group will be hosting a live singing contest on the roof of 'Manderley'. This is quite a radical departure from the usual contests, and will give everyone out there a chance to exhibit their talent, and possibily make it 'big' in SL!

It's a 'fun' event, so no one has to be a great singer, the only requirement is that you sing one song live. You can either use your own backing track, or not, just as you choose. There will be a prize for the 'Best Male' and 'Best Female' singers (as voted for on the night), with runner up prizes to be announced nearer the time.

All are welcome, and if anyone would like any help to get started either in SL itself, or setting up 'voice', please let me know. It is a fairly straightforward proceedure, only requiring a microphone.

This event should not be missed, and is sure to generate interest in the Mall and the eBid adverts of those that have supported the Project.

Also if anyone would like to join our ever growing SL eBid Group, please let either myself, Peggy or Wendy know.

Some advert space is still available to promote your eBid Stores/Listings, so again contact one of us, if you are interested.

All the best for now,

Simon.

"The SL Project is not linked to eBid Ltd. in anyway. It is run and funded independently from eBid Ltd., and is a venture undertaken by, and on behalf of members of the eBid Community."
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rupert691 View Post
    Hi everyone!

On Saturday the 18th October at 8pm UK time (12 noon SL time), the SL eBid Group will be hosting a live singing contest on the roof of 'Manderley'. This is quite a radical departure from the usual contests, and will give everyone out there a chance to exhibit their talent, and possibily make it 'big' in SL!

Also if anyone would like to join our ever growing SL eBid Group, please let either myself, Peggy or Wendy know.

All the best for now,

Simon.

"The SL Project is not linked to eBid Ltd. in anyway. It is run and funded independently from eBid Ltd., and is a venture undertaken by, and on behalf of members of the eBid Community."
    I would like to note that joining the SL eBid Group is even easier than contacting one of us (though we are glad to help) but you can join the group by simply visiting the Manderley Shopping Mall in SL and clicking on the invitation to join.

And don't forget the singing contest should be a fun event.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Hi everyone!

Lastest batch of winners are as follows:-

Betty Aluveaux NM
    muffty Cooperstone NM

Beast McDonnell NM
    Hole Carver NM

ziggy Sigal
    yepayas Noel NM

djsnaps12 Turbo NM
    Hans33 Oppewall M

spanners Andel NM
    Borat Braveheart NM

Well done to all the above!

I'd just like to thank everyone who has renewed their SL adverts with us so far, and also to let you all know that all advert panels in the Mall have now been fitted with an intelligent 'Click Counter'. This will give you a rough idea of how many are accessing your adverts. It's 'intelligent' insofar as if the same avatar clicks on it more than once within a short period, only the first click counts. If anyone who has an advert with the Project, and does not have access to SL and would like to know how many 'clicks' their advert has received at any time, please ask one of the 'in worlders' to have a look and we'll be happy to let you know.

All the best for now,

Simon.

All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Congrats to Betty, muffty, Beast, Hole, yepayas, djsnaps, spanners and Borat on their L$25 wins and ziggy and Hans33 on their L$75 wins.

Good on the click counter and maybe we will be able to get some valuable info from it.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Default Singing Contest at Mandelay Mall

Hi everyone!

I've had a few requests for information about how to set 'voice' up in SL, so I thought I'd supply some more quick details about the Live Singing Contest that's happening at our Manderlay Mall in Second-Life, on 18th October, (full details on the poster below).
    http://slurl.com/secondlife/Narugo/232/222/76

This is a good chance to show off your singing voice, and possibly become the next big singing sensation in Second Life! There will be Linden Dollar Prizes up for grabs too!

All you need to do is come along and sing a song on the day, and everyone can vote! You can use backing music, or not, - the choice is yours!

Setting up 'voice' in Second-Life is easy! Just plug your Microphone into your Computer, then in the SL Programme, go into 'Preferences', then 'Voice Chat', and then set the 'Device Settings' options up there. If anyone would like any help, just let me know.

Event's such as these help to get those new to eBid into our Mall, and see your adverts there! It'd be great to have a good turn-out, so please come long and support the Project!

Again a big thank you to those who have renewed their adverts with us so far.

All the best, Simon.

Last edited by rupert691; 11th October 2008 at 03:40 PM.

Hiya,
    I've posted a bulletin about the singing contest to all my My Space friends. Sounds fun. I will try to be there on Saturday, but I might not be in - if I am in I will drop by.

Great idea by the way!

Corinne

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by *artsbanquet* View Post
    Hiya,
    I've posted a bulletin about the singing contest to all my My Space friends. Sounds fun. I will try to be there on Saturday, but I might not be in - if I am in I will drop by.

Great idea by the way!

Corinne
    Hi Corinne,

Many thanks for that! We need all the publicity we can get for the singing contest in order to make it a great success! So anyone reading this, please feel free to promote it.

If you can get along, it'd be great to see you!

Don't forget that the contest is open to all, and should be one of the most unusual, fun events we've put on so far! If anyone would like any help in setting up, just let one of us know.

...and just to show that SL isn't all work, here's a photo of the much-feared Pirate Captains 'Lytton' and 'Honi' causing mayhem! (Careful where you point that Flintlock, Hiya! )

All the best, Simon.
    Last edited by rupert691; 12th October 2008 at 02:50 PM.

Thread Information