eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Feedback revamp

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Me too, please don't change it! The main problem I have is getting buyers to bother leaving feedback at all. Adding any complication to the system is only going to make that worse.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Some of the other posters have given me a couple of ideas..

None of the following are about changing the 'feedback model' but are about feedback in general

1. Make it easier for users to 'find' the feedback area. Quite a few newbies have told me they couldn't find it!
    2. Give a prompt e.g "You are about to leave a neutral or negative feedback.Are you sure? when someone goes to leave a neutral or negative.
    3. Stop having neutral markings ( especially the ones where unjust feedback has been removed by admin) count against someones feedback percentage. For example I have 1417 positive feedbacks, and only 2 negatives - but my feedback rating is only showing at 99%
    4. Where EBID admin have stepped in to remove feedback. lock the feedback so it cannot be re edited.
    5. Can the feedback reminder email include a link directly to someones feedback area please- so they are in exactly the right place to leave feedback as soon as they click the link
    6. Negatives drop off after a certain amount of time? ( e.g a year or 2 years) . gives everyone the aim of getting back to 100% positive

Quote Originally Posted by HannaHolly View Post

None of the following are about changing the 'feedback model' but are about feedback in general

1. Make it easier for users to 'find' the feedback area. Quite a few newbies have told me they couldn't find it!
    2. Give a prompt e.g "You are about to leave a neutral or negative feedback.Are you sure? when someone goes to leave a neutral or negative.
    3. Stop having neutral markings ( especially the ones where unjust feedback has been removed by admin) count against someones feedback percentage. For example I have 1417 positive feedbacks, and only 2 negatives - but my feedback rating is only showing at 99%
    4. Where EBID admin have stepped in to remove feedback. lock the feedback so it cannot be re edited.
    5. Can the feedback reminder email include a link directly to someones feedback area please- so they are in exactly the right place to leave feedback as soon as they click the link
    6. Negatives drop off after a certain amount of time? ( e.g a year or 2 years) . gives everyone the aim of getting back to 100% positive
    I totally agree with all of that.

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

View TaraCM's Feedback (+410)
    All-About TaraCM
    View TaraCM's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HannaHolly View Post

Agree with all, but this should only be dropped off, if the person has a consistency of positive. For example, some buyers will purchase (for example) 4 items and only pay for 3, there incurring 1 neg. Then the will do it again six months later. i dont think i'm making sense lol.... so i'll shurrup

But agree with everyone else, dont change the feedback rating pleeeaasseee

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View stitchysyl's Feedback (+2137)
    All-About stitchysyl
    View stitchysyl's Listings
    Forum Posts

The only problem I have ith the feedback system is the page itself. It would be better if the feedback sections were clearer so that all the information for that sale is clear within that section.

I don't think I am being clear...and I hate to refer to Ebay...but when you leave feedback on Ebay you know that the boxes clearly belong to that sale.

All that is needed is a line between each transaction...

I have left feedback in error for the wrong buyer lately because it wasn't clear enough....

I know I should be more careful...but when you are busy it it so easy to make the mistake.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think there is nothing wrong with the system as it is now. Creating multiple choices would confuse thing unneccessarilly.

I agree though that it would benefit from a better layout

I have to agree with the KISS principle though HannahHolly has made some good comments. One area that should be addressed is the retaliatory neg that can be left after a non payer is negged. Perhaps if a dispute is involved the feedbacks are controlled by eBid after a decision is made.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

The feedback system as it is is easy for people to understand.
    The only negative comment I would give to it is - please make it easier to find.

A couple more links for feedback would be really helpful - ie eBay* have a drop down box with all your options on - pay, post, feedback, contact seller/buyer, relist. The AAL is fine up to a point but it would be great if it could be up-dated for a one stop shop to complete the transaction on each item.

*(Some things on eBay do work quite well)

I like the idea of being able to reply if someone gives an unjust and negative feedback - and sometimes things just don't go according to plan which again can cause a neutral or negative.
    I think the only thing that needs to be safeguarded is if this 'right to reply' starts to get abused.

So please, leave feedback as is - just tidy up the links - that would be really great.

I like the f/b system as it is, thanks.

I like the f/b system as it is, thanks.

ditto

except for example--if you receive unjust negative feedback and have it removed it now shows a neutral.

in days of old it was removed completely which was far better

Thread Information