eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T-Infringement on Intellectual Property. ON HOLD Huh

View gizmoshere's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gizmoshere
    View gizmoshere's Listings
    Forum Posts

Exclamation T-Infringement on Intellectual Property. ON HOLD Huh

T-Infringement on Intellectual Property.

Now my account is on hold, no warning no full explanation, anyway explain.

After coming back here for only 2 days & praising some areas I am now on hold.

What an earth have I done wrong?

Being a website designer & owner & running my own server, I now come back & have been placed on hold.

This is ridicolous without ant warning or communication what so ever.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

somebody must have hit the 'report' button on one of your auctions. I'm not a fan of EBIds over zealous suspend system myself- but it means well and I'm sure over time will become better and less indescriminate!. To get your account unsuspended, fix whatever infringement you may have breached (you've mentioned intellectual property - that's copywrite infringement) & let EBId know it's fixed. If you dont know what's been reported- ask EBID support to tell you. Then please stay with us and use the forums to get things changed by constructive criticism

All-About gizmoshere
    Forum Posts

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by val4xx
    somebody must have hit the 'report' button on one of your auctions. I'm not a fan of EBIds over zealous suspend system myself- but it means well and I'm sure over time will become better and less indescriminate!. To get your account unsuspended, fix whatever infringement you may have breached (you've mentioned intellectual property - that's copywrite infringement) & let EBId know it's fixed. If you dont know what's been reported- ask EBID support to tell you. Then please stay with us and use the forums to get things changed by constructive criticism
    Hi Val thanks for your reply.
    I am just genuinly confused as to what rule II broke, I looked at posting rules always on auctions I list before posting and I am well aware of most.

I see nowhere in the help files to the reason the quoted me with just a plain:
    "T-Infringement on Intellectual Property"

If I knew what this meant with a better explanation, maybe I can critisise what I have suppose to have done wrong.

I list often on the competers site, never had any problem & my listings here as far as I'm aware don't break any of what I see posting rules.

It also states this:
    When you try and login while your account is on hold you will find you are locked out. To remove this ban, please email us support@ebid.tv stating the item(s) you posted to create this ban and that you will not post such items any more. Please do not email us asking us what you did wrong, a simple apology will re-open your account almost immediately whereas a long winded email conversation will waste ours and your time.
    Hardly by far a fair & professional way to deal with such genuine not knowing what is happening.......

I'm hurt & confused to say the least...

All-About gizmoshere
    Forum Posts

I'm sorry but so I'm guilty of such a crime, that I have been accused of but just plain don't know why.

Sorry ebid, but this sitution is very uncalled for.
    I am surely entitled to free speach, more seriously A full explanation of what my so called "Crime is"

When you try and login while your account is on hold you will find you are locked out. To remove this ban, please email us support@ebid.tv stating the item(s) you posted to create this ban and that you will not post such items any more. Please do not email us asking us what you did wrong, a simple apology will re-open your account almost immediately whereas a long winded email conversation will waste ours and your time.

Can someone explain to me just what the above means?

If a person does not know why they have had a ban imposed and ebid is not going to tell them the reason, then how on earth can they apologise.

The last line is very interesting it will waste our time and your time. I have been on this site for about a month now and I can honestly say that it has been the biggest waste of my time ever. I have listed items continuously over that period and have not had one bid. In that same period I have listed the same items on 'FeeBay' and have sold over 60 items and made a good profit, over the hundreds.

I have been following several of the threads over this time and have noted -people being locked out of pppay-names having strikes through them for silly reasons-and the above, amongst others.

I have stopped listing on ebid and am not sure if I will start again as it all seem pointless with the attitude that they have towards sellers. This is a friendly site 'I don't think so' eBid will trash eBay 'I don't think so'.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

"Infringement on Intellectual Property" means that that the IP holders (the owners of the copyright or trademark) have threatened eBid with legal action unless certain auctions are taken down.

Thanks
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

All-About gizmoshere
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza
    "Infringement on Intellectual Property" means that that the IP holders (the owners of the copyright or trademark) have threatened eBid with legal action unless certain auctions are taken down.

Thanks
    Gazza
    Hold on here:
    What buying from source & someone who sells these genuine items on his own website!

Come on please. The items are all original items being sold, I had no explanation what so ever over what I was accused of.

It's humilating & a disgrace the way ebid conducts such issues.
    May I add the items stood up for 1 day, I think you have an over zelous envious user here lurking someone.

So are you telling me any item, for example:
    a. Sam sells there used picture of a set of lovely anne geddes pics.

A user comes along & reports they have broken copyright?
    Are you also telling me, my stock being bought from my suppliers, is not allowed.

Are you also telling me ebid is not aplace to sell, items users have purchased via wholesale or as a sole trader?

I think ebid she rethink, & think of the honest traders out there trying to make a living.

All-About gizmoshere
    Forum Posts

By the way, my suppliers know exactly where I sell on competing site.

If you are accusing me of copying, think again. I am well aware of such copyright issues then. As stated all stock is fully licensed & originals thank you.

Default Re: T-Infringement on Intellectual Property. ON HOLD Huh

I am so very confused. I received an email that I had "infringement on intellectual property". I am not in the resale business - I inherited a house full of stuff from my parents who loved to shop. Much of it is new. I have already tried consignment, garage sales, donations, etc and still have way too much. I prefer eBid to Ebay because of the convenience of not having to continuously take time to relist and, of course, the lower fees. A couple of years ago, sellers were told if they wanted their items to show up in online searches like Google, name brands and UPC or item numbers MUST be included in the listings. I went through my listings and added the required information hoping it would help empty my house. Now it appears if I include this information in the listings I am infringing on intellectual property. Is there any solution to this dilemma that would please everyone?

Thread Information