Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Welcome to New Members

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

@Nevis
    Yes imho ebid is the most like feebay in layout and style but also is the most friendly and popular of all the other alt sites.
    And the fees are great (very low).
    And there are not so many rules.
    And the admin staff do keep the place tidy!
    So I think you have made a wise choice.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi, Hickernut and Nevis..........welcome!!!! Glad you are here!!! Stick around the different forums, and you will soon get the hang of things. People are friendly and helpful, and there are usually two or three gurus (of which I'm not one) who are ready and willing to answer questions. I am too, but you can't always believe what I say!!! lol Best of luck here!!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Forum Lurker
    View stylusman's Feedback (+19)
    All-About stylusman
    View stylusman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well i have only been here a few days and even though its starting off slow which maybe due to having a zero feedback score i love the feel of ebid and its nice that ebid look after the sellers as well as buyers something that feebay pretended to do but actually didnt. I am making some purchases in next few days so hope this will help once my feedback is raised and then i can really enjoy ebid. as far as I am concerned we are being given all the tools to sell our stuff now its down to us to do our listings correctly and price fairly and have some fun chatting to the regulars while we are doing this.

Default Newbie to Ebid

I finally got around to trying Ebid but I am not new to online auctions since I have been 13 years with Ebay. I like the ease of using Ebid and I have decided to start a fresh with no history. I started listing two weeks ago but I still have not received any bids. On line auctions during June and July have historically been slow but maybe I am doing something obviously wrong! Would somebody care to take a look at what I am doing and maybe it is something on my end!

Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by realnowhereman View Post
    I finally got around to trying Ebid but I am not new to online auctions since I have been 13 years with Ebay. I like the ease of using Ebid and I have decided to start a fresh with no history. I started listing two weeks ago but I still have not received any bids. On line auctions during June and July have historically been slow but maybe I am doing something obviously wrong! Would somebody care to take a look at what I am doing and maybe it is something on my end!

Thank You
    I have looked at some of your listings and your pictures are nice and clear and so are descriptions. Sales are slower here since this site is not as well known as the 'other'. Contact your old buyers and let them know where you have landed and that your prices are lower here because your cost of selling is lower here.

I also list my items on Craig's List with a link to my ebid stores. I've had several sales using that method. I also list on other sites and if I have a sale, I let them know that most of my items are on ebid. As ebid's name grows within the U.S., I believe the sales will increase. And as you say, summer months are slow, no matter which site you sell on.

Best of luck in your sales.

Default Thanks Ginny

Your input certainly is appreciated. I also use Craig's List and still list on other auction sites because it is not wise to put all your eggs into one basket.

Thank you

Red face I am a new Members from China

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    eBid would like to welcome all new buyers and sellers, say hi, leave a message, tell us where you're from and how you came to be an eBid member. Just click the add reply button above and leave a little message to introduce yourself, where you'e from, how you found eBid, other auction experiences etc..

G
    I am a new Members from China.I want to be a seller on ebid.But it seems that it does not allow .Please help me

Thank you

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think China is one of the countries that has been added as buyer only. This may change in time, but no guarantees

Forum Newbie
    All-About mfantonio
    View mfantonio's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    eBid would like to welcome all new buyers and sellers, say hi, leave a message, tell us where you're from and how you came to be an eBid member. Just click the add reply button above and leave a little message to introduce yourself, where you'e from, how you found eBid, other auction experiences etc..

G
    Im from Queensland Aus, just came across your site while trying to fing some books for sale. I am new to selling, buying on site and I want to try it.

Forum Newbie
    All-About Allyooops
    View Allyooops's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi everyone! I left a praise message somewhere around here too. My friend and I are up on the Northern coast of California, just before Oregon. We're happy to be here. We've started a small business on a shoestring and of course the first site that came to mind was Ebay. Thankfully I did not list too many items to begin with because I did understand the insertion fee that well. Enter ebid. Love you guys and am looking forward to the experience.

Thread Information