eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Welcome to New Members

Default New member running from the other places fees!

I have had a store on the other place for 2 years. I'm sure you are aware they are pushing for sellers to offer free shipping. (not fair for buyers or sellers.) This also increases commissions for them. The star program allows buyers to rate your shipping cost. I have seen sellers that abuse S&H charges, but I don't and can't do anything about USPS and UPS shipping rates. Now the increase in fixed price listings...I just can't swallow any more. I would have to have $65 in sales just to meet the expenses of my listings. Farewell "Top Rated Seller" and "Power Seller" status. Hopefully the traffic is here to move the items I have!

Quote Originally Posted by mustangsforever View Post
    I have had a store on the other place for 2 years. I'm sure you are aware they are pushing for sellers to offer free shipping. (not fair for buyers or sellers.) This also increases commissions for them. The star program allows buyers to rate your shipping cost. I have seen sellers that abuse S&H charges, but I don't and can't do anything about USPS and UPS shipping rates. Now the increase in fixed price listings...I just can't swallow any more. I would have to have $65 in sales just to meet the expenses of my listings. Farewell "Top Rated Seller" and "Power Seller" status. Hopefully the traffic is here to move the items I have!
    Power seller status is worthless anymore now that they've cheapened it so much by lowering the bar .. now everyone and his brother is a top-rated power seller with a nice pretty certificate that FleaBay mails you (just got mine today- promptly tossed it in the shredder bin )

Welcome to eBid! It is gonna be an uphill battle and a lot of hard work, but I think we can turn this into THE auction site for the 21st century and beyond
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Forum Newbie
    All-About klstutts16
    View klstutts16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool Hi :)

I'm new to eBid

Welcome aboard - and have fun
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Quote Originally Posted by mustangsforever View Post
    Welcome Mustang. I took a quick look at your items. Here's a few suggestions [hope you don't mind],

Listings here are mostly BINs and bidding wars are rare, so make your starting price what you're willing to let item go for.
    Don't list as run till sold as your stuff will stay at the bottom of the search results. Instead list them as 7-10 day duration with 10 autoposts.
    BINs are automatically submitted to google shopping so to get your items uploaded you need a BIN [buy it now] price.
    Hope this helps. Best of luck in your sales.

Quote Originally Posted by klstutts16 View Post
    I'm new to eBid
    Welcome to ebid.

Forum Newbie
    All-About bonds2001
    View bonds2001's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default New

I am looking at this site from eBay...
    Have 3000+ 100% and a powerseller.

Looking to sell some baseball cards here.

Hope it works out
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by bonds2001 View Post
    I am looking at this site from eBay...
    Have 3000+ 100% and a powerseller.

Looking to sell some baseball cards here.

Hope it works out
    Thank you
    Welcome. If you need assistance, getting started, give a shout on the forums.

Forum Newbie
    Worcester, Worcestershire, United Kingdom
    All-About simon2801
    View simon2801's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default New Member

Hi,

Im new today, though not new to online auctions!

I will be interested to get to know this site and the people here!

Simon

Forum Newbie
    All-About gleggett
    View gleggett's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    eBid would like to welcome all new buyers and sellers, say hi, leave a message, tell us where you're from and how you came to be an eBid member. Just click the add reply button above and leave a little message to introduce yourself, where you'e from, how you found eBid, other auction experiences etc..

G
    Thanks for that unexpected welcome! I'm from Ashford - yes I know there are a lot of them in the UK so let's add Middlesex. Come to think of it that county has disappeared from the map too and Surrey is the correct one. I'm an eBay member too and have been there for donkey's years but think it is getting a bit too much like shopping these days so I'll try this one. Cheers, Geoff.

Thread Information