Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Welcome to New Members

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi all!! I'm not exactly new, but hate to admit to being as old as my birth certificate says, so let's go for KindanewtoEbid. I'm from Colorado, but have lived many places in the states. Now live in The UK. Just signed up tonight as a lifetime seller, so time to get busy and start downsizing all those hobbies and projects I won't get done. Have enjoyed getting to 'chat' a bit with some people on the forums - so friendly.....thanks for making everyone so welcome.

Forum Newbie
    All-About aquariumsupplies17
    View aquariumsupplies17's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Hello Everyone

Hi eBid community. I am new here, just wanted to introduce myself. I just came over from EBay and I'm super excited about the eBid experience. If anyone has any pointers, I'm all ears! Good Luck to all of you.

Smile US sales?

I'm new, and wondering just how well US sellers do? I will have mostly collectibles and antiques, are International sales the norm from this site?

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by itsalloldstuff View Post
    I'm new, and wondering just how well US sellers do? I will have mostly collectibles and antiques, are International sales the norm from this site?
    Welcome to eBid.

While the general forums are international you may like to check out http://meetup.ebid.net/group.php?groupid=1 which is more specifically US orientated.

Hi and welcome to ebid. Sales are slow but there are sales. Let your buyers now where you have landed and that may help.

Hi and Welcome.

In nutshell, very well, 3/4 of my sales are US, 1/4 are international. I have daily sales using the tricks that you will find on old forums. Selling on alternate sites is different, change how you sell and you will have lots of sales here. Traffic is lower on all alternate auction site but this one is the #1 alternate auction site in world.

When you get up and running you should have your first sale in 2-3 weeks. If not, come back and let us look your listings over and suggest tweeks to get sales going.

good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by aquariumsupplies17 View Post
    Hi eBid community. I am new here, just wanted to introduce myself. I just came over from EBay and I'm super excited about the eBid experience. If anyone has any pointers, I'm all ears! Good Luck to all of you.
    Hi and welcome.

Check past forums for about 20 tips for selling on alternate sites. Different tricks work here such as the more you list the more you sell. Has to do with google searches, 2 items get lost, 200 get noticed.

To get noticed everywhere I would suggest have ALL your listings as 7 day auctions, plus buy it nows, plus put into your stores, plus mark 10 automatic relists for uploading to google. Contact all your old customers and bring them over.

First sale should come within 2 to 3 weeks. If not come back and we will look things over and suggest tweeks to get sales going.

Most of us, using ALL the tips, get daily sales. Buyers like our fully stocked stores, and discounts for multiple buys. Make it worth their while and they love buying multiples here.

good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by talos12345 View Post
    hello, everyone, yes I too am another refugee from the dark side, I sell mainly spare board game pieces, which sell for around 99p which was fine as feebay didn't charge for insertion at that start price until they forced me to register as a business (which I am definetly not) and now it would be over £300 a month! so here I am at eBid. no sales as yet but it is early days. the only difference I have noticed on eBid is the lower traffic, but with some clever marketing I think this site would be bigger than feebay especially in the type of things you just can't buy in any high street shop. a TV ad or two would be nice.
    Hi and welcome to ebid.

The google download does that every hour. ebid sends 3+ million of our listings into cyberspace via google. Very good advertising for ebid and us!

And ebid appears on numerous ads all over the web. It pops up all over the place. You can even add an ebid link to your website and earn a little cash when people click.

Ebid is already the #1 alternate auction site in the world, that is another reason why so many people chose to come here instead of to smaller sites. see powersellersunite.com for latest auction figures.

Read all the old forums for tips on selling on alternate sites. Selling is different here, but if you change you will have sales. I have daily sales as do many people.

good luck

Welcome to eBid you may find a read of this thread will help you get up to speed. http://meetup.ebid.net/showthread.ph...=1#post1136515
    If you need a hand just shout, there are plenty of friendly folk round here willing to help.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Forum Saint
    View RonOne's Feedback (+4296)
    All-About RonOne
    View RonOne's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome To ebid