Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Welcome to New Members

Quote Originally Posted by bubblegumgirl View Post
    Hi to all,
    Joined ebid after it was recommended by a friend. I look forward to spending both time (and money) here.
    Now to post more items and browse more stores.
    Welcome to ebid. After you list, if you don't get bids or viewers in a short time, ask the group to critique your listings. Then you can give them a tweek and start selling fast.

CarnoustieCats here - am used to 'greedbay' but dismayed by 'feebay' - no future there unless you are a big business - they have now started an Outlet (ie Argos etc) - no room for the little people any more - you know, the ones who made it what it is (was?). Just want to have some fun and hopefully earn some money for Cat Protection along the way if possible. Not sure how I will get on but the site feels friendly which is good. See you around. Linda x ( aka CarnoustieCats)

Forum Lurker
    Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    View bubblegumgirl's Feedback (+11)
    All-About bubblegumgirl
    View bubblegumgirl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    Welcome to ebid. After you list, if you don't get bids or viewers in a short time, ask the group to critique your listings. Then you can give them a tweek and start selling fast.
    A quick critique would be great thank you for the idea deltadelta

This is the link any feedback welcome

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Me-to-You

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cindygadget View Post
    But I still haven't figured out how to edit my photos on the program, or can you? Anyone out there know the secret?
    There is no 'in house' editing of images that are in the My Gallery area. They should be edited prior to upload. The optimum size is a max of 500 pixels on the longest side. Anything above that will be resized by the system to fit the available screen space and may suffer degradation. Resizing yourself prior to uploading gives you greater control over the quality.

If you don't have a suitable program then Irfanview (available from www.irfanview.com) is free and excellent for the task.

For images that are included in the description field (self hosted images) there is very basic editing by right-clicking on the image in the editor and selecting Image Properties. You are still better off editing the images outside of eBid though.

Forum Newbie
    East London/Essex Borders, Essex, United Kingdom
    View thaliagrace's Feedback (+29)
    All-About thaliagrace
    View thaliagrace's Listings
    Forum Posts

I just wanted to say hello and to say that I am going to slowly bring my items over to ebid. I have been registered here for years but have never managed to sell anything, but I thought I would give it another go.

I've started by adding a note to my Emails when I sell on other sites saying that my stuff will be here in future and giving them the URL to ebid.

I know my auctions are rubbish at the moment but it takes me a while to get used to new styles and things.

Hello to you all

View earthangel's Feedback (+29)
    All-About earthangel
    View earthangel's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome! Or welcome back. Good luck.
    Please visit my eBid stores
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Elandale
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Chapter-One-Collectables

"Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy" - Henry Kissinger

Forum Lurker
    Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    View bubblegumgirl's Feedback (+11)
    All-About bubblegumgirl
    View bubblegumgirl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi thaliagrace

I'm a newbie too but I'm sure that we'll get the hang of things soon.
    Good luck with your listings

All sorts of everything from scuba fins to florists display and books galore
    for craft supplies and kits
    Unique gifts handmade by me

Hello, plusizerglamor here, I use to sell on ebay, I was a memebr for 8 years and they suspended my registration, blocked me from selling AND buying and have not even told me as to why they did this to me.
    I have over 2400 positive feedbacks with only 2 negatives and I had so many repeat customers, and have joined up with ebid.net several months ago.
    So ebay, you can take your multi billion dollar empire, and just remember everything has a breaking point, you just have not met yours yet, but you will.

I have lots of great items for sale, just as I had listed on that other site.
    Plus size womens Clothing and Antiques, and alot of unique and rare items.
    You just never know what you'll find at my ebid store. I have had a few sales and have bought a few items as well, I just do not know how to direct traffic to my ebid site.

I would live to hear from former ebay users as they have been injustly done as I have been , it's a good way to vent, and get our heads together and make "ebid.net the next best thing in the internet auctions market.

We made ebay what they are today, we can help break them as well !

So here's to you ebid.net , many you surpass and be a great sucess to all us Auction Sellers.
    Last edited by plusizeglamor; 16th September 2009 at 01:31 PM. Reason: mispelled words and adding a note

Hi - Hang in there all us Newbies who have come in from the darkside: Been with eBid just over a month and bought some lovely items for myself AND have had a sale today - hurrah (and using the 'run till sold' formula -starting slow and will build up) - so don't give up - the future is eBid.
    Just had to share the joy lol.
    Linda (aka CarnoustieCats)

Thread Information