eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Welcome to New Members

Forum Saint
    View RonOne's Feedback (+4296)
    All-About RonOne
    View RonOne's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scotty67 View Post
    Hi all my name is Andrew but my friends call me Scotty i have been a member of Ebid for a long time now and have decided to pay for the Seller + Lifetime account and set up my shop here selling diecast, Corgi, Dinky ETC i also make reproduction boxes and can supply spare parts, my main reason for moving here is i have had enough of the fees over on the other sight (think you know the one) any way that's it for now and i will try to post in the Forums when i can.

All the best
    Scotty
    Hi Scotty,
    Welcome to ebid,

Regards Ron (ex - eby)

WELCOME ALL NEW MEMBERS!

View prescott9376's Feedback (+1370)
    All-About prescott9376
    View prescott9376's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome to all new members and an especial welcome to all arriving from Taz.
    Paul

Forum Newbie
    All-About Blushedfairy
    View Blushedfairy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Hi I'm new to eBid

I have been trying to build a good business online for about 5 years. For the first 3 years it was a disaster, all I could seem to do was lose money.
    About 2 years ago my brother convinced me to stop being afraid of e-commerce and jump in and learn about safety with ebay and I did.
    By the end of the first week all I could think was "WOW! This is what I should have been doing for the past 3 years."
    Of course I was limiting myself and I've honestly just starting branching out. Mostly because when the ceo came in and the changes went BOOM!
    I have tried one other auction site so far before this one and it has just not been what I had hoped for.
    I also opened a webstore. I bought traffic for it and have really been pushing out ads and listing my url's in search engines. It's about 3 months old now but is not doing very well yet, I'm still working on it.
    I really have never had very much back up or help but I keep plugging away. Before all the changes with ebay and economy flopping, I was really doing pretty well on ebay, but I still believe if I could ever get a great teacher, make enough money to really sink my teeth in to putting my items out there and learn some decent marketing techniques, I could make some really nice money to raise my children with.
    Being a divorced/single mother is hard enough without trying to make a decent living and homeschooling....
    Hope this site helps.
    I would really value opinions and advice in this wonderful world of e-commerce!

Grab yourself a read of this thread to help bring you up to speed on here http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showpost.ph...postcount=6223 Just shout if you need a hand.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

View prescott9376's Feedback (+1370)
    All-About prescott9376
    View prescott9376's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome Blush,
    I have tried a few American sites myself without much success.
    I big tip dont be frightened of International Sales. I have sent to about 20 countries from here.
    Paul

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Greetings & Salutations!

I'm the new kid on the block from across the pond. But I see the familiar faces of a lot of my UK friends. Hi y'all!

I'm not too sure about the site yet. Don't really think I'm interested in setting up a store. I'm more the fast talking salesman type that loves to drop my gavel on the highest bid. (Be careful not to scratch your nose in my presence. You might just go home with a cow.) I'm more interested in running a limited number of auctions at a time. I'm not sure that's feasible here on eBid but I thought I'd give it a go.

I'll probably ask a lot of questions and some will, no doubt, strike some of you as odd. Just remember I'm a yacky yank that came of age in the sixties!

Dennis

Hi Dennis, nice to see you have a read of this to help you get up to speed http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showpost.ph...postcount=6223
    Just shout if you need a hand.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View maroy41's Feedback (+1089)
    All-About maroy41
    View maroy41's Listings
    Forum Posts

A warm welcome to all the newbies, hi Dennis, ebid it's a great place to be, can be great fun too.
    Great books reasonable prices please click on the logo below and browse around I have quite a selection for you to choose from.

Some great Dvd's --->
    Here

Hello everyone

Last edited by TheFragrantTree; 27th June 2009 at 08:49 AM.

Thread Information