eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Welcome to New Members

Hi and welcome to eBid you may find a read of this thread helps you on your way over here. http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showpost.ph...postcount=6223
    Just shout if you need a hand.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Default New to ebid

Hello everyone! I am a new member. Just a little about me...benn buying and selling on feebay for six years under my current account (thunderkiss10) until I recently decided that I have had it with them.

Here is why:

This is a sore point with me because I am primarily a seller on ebay and I have recently been dinged for shipping prices. My opinion on this is that there shouldn't be a category for detailed seller ratings regarding shipping & handling (the other three are fair). Sellers should be allowed to charge whatever they want for shipping and if it is considered too much for a buyer then simply do not buy or bid on that item. It's crazy to buy something and then give a seller a bad shipping rating knowing full well what the costs are going to be beforehand! Imperialistic ebay wants to make as much money as they can so they strong arm sellers into giving options like free shipping and lowered shipping costs while raising the listing costs. I for one am tired of it and am actively seeking new venues to sell my products. I just do this part time and I don't have the patience for it anymore. How can ebay allow this nonsense? They leave you a glowing positive feedback and then give you a bad DSR S&H rating because they don't have a clue what it costs to ship something? What they should do is have a box you must check that says something like "I fully understand that this is a binding contract to pay for this item and understand that the shipping charge is $X.XX amount." Where is ebay when sellers make a mistake and get burned by not charging enough for shipping? Do they give you a discount? ummm.....NO! Who's with me on this?

I copy and pasted that from their forum page that I made yesterday. I wasn't kidding either I am now on this site and am looking forward to getting started. I guess for the time being I will have to link to my feedback until I build mine up to a respectable level here. Any other suggestions besides selling at a fixed price for less to generate sales with no feedback?

Thanks,
    Flint

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Any other suggestions besides selling at a fixed price for less to generate sales with no feedback?

Do some buying? That will give you feedback!

Have a read of this thread to help you get up to speed on here http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showpost.ph...postcount=6223
    Just shout if you need a hand
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Forum Saint
    View RonOne's Feedback (+4296)
    All-About RonOne
    View RonOne's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Flint,
    Welcome to ebid.

Ron. (ex-eby)

Welcome to all newcomers to ebid, hope you enjoy it here and have success
    Myositis in Focus : my website on the awareness of the Muscle inflammatory disease

My Daily Journal : my Daily Blog " Living with Dermatomyositis

Years Gone By My Genealogy and Family History store

maybe you can look at my store and tell me why on this site I am not doing well but on the other side I sell everyday, but had to pay excessively for the privalage

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pippajan View Post
    maybe you can look at my store and tell me why on this site I am not doing well but on the other side I sell everyday, but had to pay excessively for the privalage
    I don't think you are doing anything wrong, but this place is a lot slower. Growing definitely , but still slower. Should you ever have any size 9 shoes send me a PM. My daughter would love to have some.

Forum Newbie
    All-About kuriosity
    View kuriosity's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Hi

Hi everyone new to selling on ebid any advice?
    cheers
    Kuriosity

Forum Newbie
    View volsman955's Feedback (+16)
    All-About volsman955
    View volsman955's Listings
    Forum Posts

Exclamation Another One Leaves E-Bay

have sold on E-Bay for 6 years, had feedback score of over 9000, then E-Bay changed it's feedback, now people on E-Bay play feedback games. The small seller can't survive with E-Bay. I got suspended, I open up another account, sold items good until E-Bay caught my new account & shut it down. What we need to do is start a class action lawsuit against E-Bay & shut them down. I have always felt what goes around comes around & E-Bay will fall in time. E-Bay treats their sellers like dirt, the buyer isn't always right E-Bay needs to wake up & smell the roses. I do know its a buyers market....still, buyers buy am item at used price & expect a NEW item at used price. If it weren't for sellers, E-Bay would not make money.
    http://us.nine.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...955-new-store1

Thread Information