Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Welcome to New Members

View foxescome's Feedback (+2076)
    All-About foxescome
    View foxescome's Listings
    Forum Posts

New shop started today. Can anyone help me with setting up a google account please - I can't see where i start!!Also how do you go about puttong your logo etc on to this message Thanks Irene

Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    Hi, I'm Carri and my eBid handle is "FindersKeepers". I defected from eBay because of their ridiculous new policies and the higher fees. I was paying more to them than I was making!
    I am anxious to get going here but I am having a problem - I've tried to find the answer but can't. How do I "Save" my "All About Me" page? I've managed to download/upload the picture I want to use, and have typed in my text, but now what?
    Thanks in advance!
    Hi Carri,
    To save your about me page you need to click on the "upload your details" button just below the editor where you entered your text.

Hi and a huge welcome to all newcomers to eBid
    Last edited by stampsulove; 16th February 2009 at 12:14 AM.
    Myositis in Focus : my website on the awareness of the Muscle inflammatory disease

My Daily Journal : my Daily Blog " Living with Dermatomyositis

Years Gone By My Genealogy and Family History store

Quote Originally Posted by foxescome View Post
    New shop started today. Can anyone help me with setting up a google account please - I can't see where i start!!Also how do you go about puttong your logo etc on to this message Thanks Irene
    Hi foxescome,

Try this link provided by Astral.

eBid Knowledge Base - Answers to often asked questions.

Glad to see there's so many sellers coming from the other side All we need now is some more buyers to follow
    Luna

Please visit my eBid Stores

Forum Newbie
    All-About xscycle
    View xscycle's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi, My name is Rebecca from Lake Dallas, Texas and I have just opened a new store. XS Cycle Parts. I will be featuring New & Used Motorcycle Parts for Japanese and European Motorcycles.
    I have been selling Internationally since 2000 on the other site [eBay] but am tired of all the ways they can figure how to take a cut of my sales.

View pearlygirl555's Feedback (+203)
    All-About pearlygirl555
    View pearlygirl555's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Another refugee from the Evil Empire

Howdy! I've come here from the evil empire after finding a link to this site at the bottom of an AuctionBytes newsletter.....way at the bottom of the page. Haven't opened a store here on ebid or filled in my profile so much, probably will make some purchases here and get onto this slowly; this is our frantic busy time of year for the trade shows we do, so the time I'll be able to devote to learning this site is minimal. Seems like ya'll are friendly and chatty, so I've no fear of getting the help I need when I'm ready to ask.

With reference to the folks who comment about the lack of buyers.....we do those afore-mentioned trade shows, plus have a regular website, and what we've noticed in 2008 is that the average transaction price has fallen precipitously. We are making less at each show than we did a year ago, and our sales are averaging about $12 USD per person where the average was twice that (at least) last year. I've been doing some daytime bartending for some friends who own a restaurant, and they report the same thing; more people are sharing a plate of food, appetizers and desserts aren't selling, even the bar regulars who turn my shift into Adult Day Care With Beer are only in once a week, rather than every day as they were two years ago.

I think ebid has a great thing going here, and I sense there is a LOAD of positive energy among the members. Let's keep slogging away at this and we'll make one hell of an impact in the online auction world in no time!

View VandTnut's Feedback (+7)
    All-About VandTnut
    View VandTnut's Listings
    Forum Posts

And another shipment of positive energy has just arrived!
    Hello pearlygirl (nice handle) from another newbie. People here are VERY helpful. 8*) The tech forums are great. If you need to just get away for awhile the Kitchen Table is a nice place to put your feet up.
    You can take everything at your own pace. The only thing I would advise is to take advantage of the 1/2 price offering on the lifetime seller + subscription. That deal won't last very long.
    See you on the forums. Please let all your friends, customers, etc. know about eBids.
    ED

Forum Lurker
    View Triumph7's Feedback (+15)
    All-About Triumph7
    View Triumph7's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi. Welcome to all new members, you'll LOVE it here, it's such a refreshing change from all the aggro' we've had to suffer from the other side. I've actually had two phone calls from eb*y in the last two weeks (first time ever) I can tell you now, they are getting really worried! The lady asked me if I was happy with all the new changes....God! it really made my day telling her what I thought. I said that your biggest worry is the 1,000s that are leaving you and going over to ebid....I'm Loving it. Anyway, the best adivice I can give to all new members is to contact all your previous eb*y buyers and tell them you are now trading on ebid, with a link to www.ebid.net and also to your own store. I've had five sales in 4 weeks by doing this. Good luck everyone! Regards. Paul. Great site, Great people, Great prospects....

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Stainless-for-classics

Thread Information