My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Bids - USA?

Default Bids - USA?

Hello - I signed up for this as an option to counter ebay. So far, I have zero views - is ebid widely used in the US?

View BigKidsAttic's Feedback (+3720)
    All-About BigKidsAttic
    View BigKidsAttic's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Bids - USA?

Quote Originally Posted by saltandbeam View Post
    Hello - I signed up for this as an option to counter ebay. So far, I have zero views - is ebid widely used in the US?
    Don't know if it's widely used in the US, but when I (from the UK) tried to view your listings I got nothing. And I couldn't see any as you do not ship to the UK, so maybe try expanding to other countries to get more views/sales.
    Hope this helps.
    Jason
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

You joined 22.2.21 (yesterday) and, having listed, within a couple of hours or so posted? lol! The search engines probably hadn't had time to pick up your listings!

BTW a couple of your listings have NO gallery picture...... folk tend to skip by those and not bother looking.

For items without brand or barcodes, eg vintage, then you need to put the word Exempt in the barcode box on your listings forms so that eBid can upload your items to Google Shopping - that is, IF you have opted for eBid to do this in your Defaults settings?

Welcome to eBid and the Forum. I wish you every success in your new venture.

Last edited by cheaver; 23rd February 2021 at 03:25 PM.

View Policequilts's Feedback (+996)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

There some of us using eBid as our home base.

You only joined February 22 and probably expect sales right off the bat. (then go back to the big guys that have a name and a rep)

eBid lets you run your "shop" but you will need to promote yourself to the social medias.
    You will need to read the HELP section and make sure to follow the seller tips and such.

I am happy here. I left the Bay in July permanently.
    I am working in the background on some things to help promote me here.

You need to decide if YOU want to put the effort into selling here.

Yes, sellers in the U.S. do make sales on ebid.net

As Policequilts noted, you have to let people know that you sell here, as there are not as many "drive by" viewers here as on some large sites. That can be as simple as adding links to your listings and/or store in your signature here, in your social media signatures (see their policies about that), pinterest postings, other forum posts, etc. If you have your own site, put up links there, as well.

You should also put something about your offerings onto your "About Me" page, along with any selling policies you follow (e.g., combined shipping, other payment options, maximum number of days before payment is required, etc. - cut and paste those policies into the descriptions on your listings, too, so people see them repeated).

The more key words (words people would use when doing searches) you use in your titles and descriptions, the better. It is ok to run auctions, but you also need a BuyNow price on every auction in order for Google shopping to pick up your listings. If you want ebid.net to upload your listings, you need to use the Gallery option and also provide something in the ISBN/UPC/EAN/MPN (Barcode) field (type EXEMPT if there is no number for the item). Because some search engines drop or demote from their results multiple hits that are exactly alike, avoid listing multiple items with the exact same main photo, title, and description.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello, Welcome to eBid! I noticed you are a Seller+ Member.

As a Seller+ you can open 5 free stores; and sort your listings into those stores. That will help with visibility. Fill in your About Me Page with your details and put information in about your selling policies. Add a forum signature that points to your stores/listings.

Ebid does not get near the traffic that the bay gets. So as was already stated, you have to work on your site to help make it work. UK site gets more traffic than the US site, probably because it was started there. But also because they seem to promote themselves more. So bottom line is to decide if you are going to apply the needed work to make it work for you on eBid.

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View heatemyfather's Feedback (+53)
    All-About heatemyfather
    View heatemyfather's Listings
    Forum Posts

Not sure if there would be anything to say you couldn't open up a free Wordpress site to use as a sort of advert page for your listings here, you'd have to check Wordpress's policies on that. Just create a basic Wordpress page or two then start posting about each listing with a link back to the auction page here, add some info on a static page about you as a seller, have some attractive pictures (your own, to avoid copyright infringement), Bob's your uncle! Free advertising space! In theory a Wordpress blog should get picked up by major search engines quite well, it all should help.
    My auctions: video games, photography stuff, miniature wargaming hobby bits and pieces
    My eBid stores: Miniature Hobby Store | Old Games
    My eBid adverts page (also home to my free eBid promotional graphics):
    http://www.jonathanmortimer.co.uk/adverts/

View Policequilts's Feedback (+996)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heatemyfather View Post
    Not sure if there would be anything to say you couldn't open up a free Wordpress site to use as a sort of advert page for your listings here.
    I use Weebly's free option website to advertise my items and they are linked back here.
    Another seller here uses Wix's free option website for his advertising.

You can see my site with the link below for Weebly

Thread Information