Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 43 of 67 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Political Thread

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Political Thread

Quote Originally Posted by squern View Post
    I understand that President Xi Jinping is keen for the UK to stay in the EU.
    I wonder how Mr Xi would feel if he couldn't make laws for his own country, or decide who lives there?
    That's what we have to put up with.
    It ill behoves Mr Xi, or Obama for that matter, to lecture us, if they wouldn't agree to live under the same terms.
    nor should any politician if it comes to that, a debate on the pros of a in out vote of the eu should not be lead by any politician let alone carmoon there job is administer the will of the people not to be seen siding one way or another,why has a vote been complicated with negotiations before the vote, there s clearly a bias there which carmoon admits himself a better deal for the uk what exactly does he think hes going to come away with? does he really think that the fundamentals of the eu inshrined in its own laws can be altered, nothing can be changed within the eu with out all the members agreeing ,were as some would have you believe we have a fair vote, the reality is we have a tiny vote compaired with the rest of the eu states dominated by the french german pact, its unlikely camaroom will come away with anything meaning full without the total agreement of all the represented states immigration is the only card in the present climate that he could hope to win, which will alienate a big % of the stay in vote, the other card he wants which is related is control of are own courts without the threat of appeal to a higher court in the eu , this again would make a mockery of the eu if some how we were granted this without the other states following the same line, its one of the fundamentals of the eu, camaroom is playing for time, to what ends is very unclear, what is clear is es not campaigning on behalf of the people hes campaigning on behalf of his own ministers and business , his ministers for the reasons i have already given, business vs employment laws another thorn in the side of a conservative administration, business is quite capable of campaing on its own behalf , and so are the people who a concerned with employment rights,
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

View Teddyrose54's Feedback (+158)
    All-About Teddyrose54
    View Teddyrose54's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have a question please. I have a friend who claims that if the UK does come out of the EU, it will be one of the daftest things we have ever done. She claims that the UK is THE major warehouse of Europe. And there will be mass unemployment, if the import and export rules and regulations, have to be changed. She works in import, so perhaps she does know what she is talking about, but I'm not so sure. According to her, we do not produce much anymore, and rely on Europe using us as "storage" to keep going. I would love to disagree with her, but not sure if she is talking sense or not. Any enlightenment would be appreciated, so long as it's not abusive. BTW she is German, but has lived and worked here and there for over 35 years. As well as traveling over Europe due to her job from time to time.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teddyrose54 View Post
    I have a question please. I have a friend who claims that if the UK does come out of the EU, it will be one of the daftest things we have ever done. She claims that the UK is THE major warehouse of Europe. And there will be mass unemployment, if the import and export rules and regulations, have to be changed. She works in import, so perhaps she does know what she is talking about, but I'm not so sure. According to her, we do not produce much anymore, and rely on Europe using us as "storage" to keep going. I would love to disagree with her, but not sure if she is talking sense or not. Any enlightenment would be appreciated, so long as it's not abusive. BTW she is German, but has lived and worked here and there for over 35 years. As well as traveling over Europe due to her job from time to time.
    your friend would say its a daft idea, she part of a importing goods to the uk, what the argument is that if we did not import so much we could manufacture again, it makes little sense to have your hand tied behind your back through eu rules while the germans and there allies import and remove revenue that we could pay out as wages, we have the ability to manufacture once are hands are free, i doubt dutys would change very much we would only import as much as we needed, there would be instances were some could suffer but the overall benefit to uk manufacturing and industry would easly outway any losses, a prime example now is the steel industry or whats left of it, if we started to manufacture again it would survive and hopefully expand,the farming industry would see benefits overnight,

what we have to remove is the burden of environmental and eu rules that stifle this country, of cours we have learnd from the past we wont have the industry of the 1930s again wewont polute as we did, but its gone to far all of these rules need looking at again to allow the uk to prosper , its a sad reflection of the mes when the country is allowed to turn into a living museum relying more and more on tourism

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

USA China,Japan,Germany,France And Then The Uk With Economical Clout In That Order
    Last edited by tonyreddevil; 1st November 2015 at 09:40 PM.

Forum Saint
    All-About tonyreddevil
    Forum Posts

Does The Living Wage Next April, Include Everybody?
    Or Is It up The Firms decide themselves?

There will be a statutory requirement for employers to pay what the Government calls the Living Wage. In other words, it will be the law that the Living Wage has to be paid.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10051)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

As I understand it, employers are legally required to pay the Government's Minimum Wage. The Living Wage is not legally binding.

Forum Saint
    All-About tonyreddevil
    Forum Posts

I hope the living wage is binding

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by westlondoncarparts View Post

so its mandatory april 2016,

not so sure its abig deal there making it out to be, 288 notes a week thats if you work 40 hours aweek,or 1.152 notes a month i cant see a single person in london paying the rent let alone live, plus at 14.976 a year the single person will still have to pay tax, which is around 10.000 notes tax allowance ayear

Thread Information