Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Google will no longer service individuals???????????

Default Google will no longer service individuals???????????

Has anyone else received the following email from Google regarding their closure?

We’ve noticed that you're still using Google Checkout to accept payments. Google Checkout will no longer work as a payment processor for your customers after November 20, 2013. You will need to migrate to another option to avoid disruption to your business, and we recommend you do so as soon as possible.

Learn More

What are my options?
    We have partnered with a few of the best companies providing discounted migration options. Braintree provides payment processing, Shopify offers a fully hosted online shopping cart and Freshbooks offers an easy-to-use online invoicing solution.

U.S. merchants who process their own credit cards and can demonstrate PCI compliance may qualify for the Google Wallet Instant Buy limited beta. Please fill out our interest form to check eligibility.
    What if I sell digital goods on Google?
    Sellers of digital goods on Google Play, Chrome Web Store and Google Wallet for digital goods will automatically be migrated to the new Google Wallet Merchant Center and will not be impacted. If you are selling digital goods using Google Checkout, you will need to migrate to a new solution to avoid disruption to your business. Learn more »

If you are also a Play developer and use the Google Checkout API for notifications, the Purchase Status API from Google Play is now available for your use. If you use the Google Checkout API for reporting, you can automate the download of your estimated sales and earning reports via the gsutil utility.

View banrigh's Feedback (+2949)
    All-About banrigh
    View banrigh's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Google will no longer service individuals???????????

Yes, more than one actually. I am no longer using it and will not be replacing it with anything else.

Thanks for the reply. I keep getting messages to transfer everything to one of their suggested sites, but haven't done so. It is unfortunate PayPal/Ebay has a monopoly on this type of service.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10051)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greatlakestate View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I keep getting messages to transfer everything to one of their suggested sites, but haven't done so. It is unfortunate PayPal/Ebay has a monopoly on this type of service.
    Paypal does not have a monopoly. I have used Skrill internationally very successfully with no problems.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I removed Google Shopping & Skrill long ago. The only integrated payment system I offer now is Paypal. Would not mind if I could find another integrated payment system that works for me, other than Paypal (the monopoly). Wonder if eBid has anything in the works besides Skrill?

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    ....Wonder if eBid has anything in the works besides Skrill?
    It'd be nice if they were to concentrate on improving their own........PPPay.

Sorry but its almost to the point were its laughable, when you say eBay and PayPal are a monopoly. They got that way because of people no one else. If everyone didnt use eBay or PayPal then they wouldnt be a monopoly. Its people's choice and laziness that they want to use something. Out of all the other payment processors you could use, but you hear everyone say "Oh they got PayPal and so does everyone else" so you jump onto the PayPal bandwagon and join. Trust us, having a merchant credit card processor is alot worse, they get away with hell then some. At least with PayPal the highest fee you'll ever see is 2.9%. merchant processing companies give you 2.25% + .25 a transaction which you think is low, when in fact you'll never see a 2.25% discount rate. They give you some bs explaination to hit you with a interchange rate if they use a coroproate card, gift card etc, which adds another 1.5% to the 2.25 + 1.5. Then your hit with $35 bucks for a non refuncable chageback fee and it doesnt matter if you caused or not, you get hit with it just because they can and you have a merchant account, then you have a $10 - $15 a month statement fee, so they can email you your statement which is another rip off, then they hit you with a $15 customer service fee, and all those other bs things. PayPal is 2.9% and thats it. And with PayPal truthfully, their disputes center is alot better than having a merchant account. 2.9% might sound high, but when you factor in the costs it turns out that PayPal is way cheaper. Factor in the discount rate, the interchange rate, the transaction fee, the statement fee and all the other bs charges a processing cmpany charges, your actually paying anywheres from 4.5% to 6% of your volume. They con yo uinto thinking your paying 2.25% when in reality your paying doubled to tripped that. We at once didnt trust PayPal but over the past year they have gotten alot better and we've had $0 losses due to taking PayPal vs getting robbed about $3k to $4k a year with a processing company, and we've done everything do the letter. They knew buyers were scamming but they visa & mastercard are the biggets crooks in the world! Amex calls it down the middle, visa and mastercard always finds ways to screw over the merchant. So I cant say anything bad about PayPal, this past year, so far they have been good and saved us on alot of fraud.

there's alot of payment company's out there that are scam artists, for on eis WePay, they will approve you and then out of the blue with your first charge close your account, so we would trust them as far as we can throw them.

the best payment solution next to PayPal is Intuit Payment Network. Remember Intuit were the ones that created PayPal in the first place, Ebay bought PayPal from Intuit because their own payment system Billpoint was failing. So EBay bought their competition. Intuit Payment network allows you to accept credit card directly, you can send the buyer an invoice via Quickbooks, or send them a request for payment, or have them go to a link.

The only drawback with Intuit is that they dont give you a customer's address. So whatever the customer gives you as an address is what you have to go on. Their chargeback procedures are lacking, so we would recommend having people pay via their bank account. Intuit takes a straight fee of 3.5% and thats it. But what we dont like, is what we said, there's no address verification that Intuit tells you "ok its fine to send the product". Funny thing is that Intuit you can also process your own credit cards and they have a system in which youcan validate the address, its just strange where they have the technology point blank infont of them and havent done anything about it with Intuit Payment Network.

But with Intuit Payment Network, out experience with them has been no games played by Intuit.

Thread Information