Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lost Sale Due To Ship Cost...

Default Lost Sale Due To Ship Cost...

So, 26 views, 4 watches and two inquires on an item. No sale.
    Shipping added up to more than the item cost. Being a kinda expensive item it of course was not worth it. The most interested were across country so ship was higher. Still it is very frustrating. I want to apologise to to buyers and it's not my fault. I want to??? to myself cause there's nothing I can do!
    Anyone share my pain? Tomorrow will be a better day

Default Re: Lost Sale Due To Ship Cost...

We lost a sale to a buyer in India. He bought the item, I sent the invoice -- the shipping cost to India was VERY high -- he ended up not paying. I realize the buyer should have checked the price, it was displayed, but apparently after the fact he decided it was too much. I think we're going to see this happening more often with the tremendous rise in postage costs.

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

This is all too common a problem for us down here, as I believe we have some of the most expensive shipping rates on the planet.
    I know for a fact that I have missed out on sales as a direct result.
    Don't see this situation getting better any time soon, if ever???
    The tyranny of distance, as they say!

Forum Lurker
    View titanicmom4's Feedback (+51)
    All-About titanicmom4
    View titanicmom4's Listings
    Forum Posts

I sell mostly inexpensive items and shipping costs I am sure are a huge deterrent. I try to price my items so that in the U.S. at least, my price plus shipping is still a good deal, but then doing so can also under cut me I wish the postal companies around the world would stop raising their rates. I know they lost a lot of correspondence business with the advent of email and online bill paying but perhaps if their parcel rates were lower more parcels would be sent and they would make more?

I lost a sale recently because of the cost of p&p. The worst of it is, the cost in the listing was cheaper than cost of postage as I forgot to update the listing after the various price increases.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well, look at the bright side of things..............never a better time to support your local economy.

True but this item I moved from local Craigslist to auction because it is more of an item for other climates and tastes shall we say. I got no views. Like pink flamingos in forida would not sell in Alaska.
    Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Well, look at the bright side of things..............never a better time to support your local economy.
    Last edited by Ebideclectics; 5th August 2013 at 04:46 PM.

YES...In order to sell "it" just take all the "fees" and costs. Then try to get a fair or even low price. You wind up paying the buyer. And Gads don't mismath! I appreciate the talking off the ledge haha
    Quote Originally Posted by titanicmom4 View Post
    I sell mostly inexpensive items and shipping costs I am sure are a huge deterrent. I try to price my items so that in the U.S. at least, my price plus shipping is still a good deal, but then doing so can also under cut me I wish the postal companies around the world would stop raising their rates. I know they lost a lot of correspondence business with the advent of email and online bill paying but perhaps if their parcel rates were lower more parcels would be sent and they would make more?

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebideclectics View Post
    True but this item I moved from local Craigslist to auction because it is more of an item for others. I got no views local.
    Well, the brightest side of things is probably to list to the international community (as many as one can), and the local community. Setting the shipping cost at whatever one must, so as not to incur loss. And letting the chips fall where ever they may...........hopefully a successful sale.

It is a fact that international sales do occur on eBid. People will pay the shipping cost, if they want the item. It may occur less now then before, but international sales do happen here.

A sale is a sale. A good thing from any side of the pond.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oldandintheway View Post
    This is all too common a problem for us down here, as I believe we have some of the most expensive shipping rates on the planet.
    Found this out the hard way. I had made sales of my prospecting supplies to Australia, New Zealand, and Portugal; rarely to USA. When selling to one of these nations, I accidentally calculated shipping cost at a substancial loss. I sent the item anyway, while choking at the post office. This was before the more recent increases in postal fees.

I limited sales to just the USA, until I determine what it would actually cost to mail these items internationally. Listing them only in the USA now, and have had no sales. I was always a bit pleasingly surprised that the items were being purchased by these 3 countries.

Thread Information