Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: No Feedback from Buyers

Forum Newbie
    View Razordane's Feedback (+7)
    All-About Razordane
    View Razordane's Listings
    Forum Posts

Lightbulb No Feedback from Buyers

I have sold several things and left positive feedback for buyers. I have sent e-mails and use the nudge option. Is there anything in the works to help with this issue? I would suggest that after 60 days, the buyer receives a positive rating to their score.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: No Feedback from Buyers

After 30 days eBid sends a reminder email (which many do not approve of) to the other party asking if they would care to leave feedback for the transaction.

People cannot be forced to leave feedback though. Plus, if they are anything like me, being chased for feedback will make them even less likely to leave it (well...positive anyway).

It cannot be assumed that the absence of feedback means that the buyer's experience was a positive one.
    Last edited by astral276; 13th June 2013 at 04:04 PM.

A high proportion of buyers do not leave feedback, it is just one of those things and there is very little you can do about it. I just leave feedback for all my buyers and hope that I get at least some back. I do send reminders to sellers though.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

The failure to leave feedback can mean so many things. I suspect in most cases it just means the buyer does not feel like leaving feedback. They may reason that the seller should be happy with the payment received. They are busy, just don't care, and do not want to be aggravated for feedback. In this case, an incessant request for feedback might be met with a unwanted response. Best to leave the buyer alone in many cases.

In my own case, I usually leave feedback. When I leave no feedback, it usually reflects an anger level over the transaction, that is worse than if I left a negative. Not usually angry when leaving neutral, negative, etc. When making a decision not to leave feedback, and the seller keeps asking, it makes me more angry. The angrier I get, usually the quieter and least likely to respond. Best to not ask.

I usually do not ask for feedback. Just accept the fact that many buyers do not want to leave it, for whatever reason they may have.

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

This is a common issue over on Ebid....sellers rarely receive feedback, the same situation exists on Amazon, and i have seen a drop in the amount of feedback left over on Ebay.
    For us on this site it gives a distorted view of the actual sales that can be achieved and the casual viewer could be left wondering how much is sold at times.
    There is in truth nothing that you can do to encourage buyers to leave feedback.

Unfortunately it's true that a lot of sellers and buyers won't leave feedback. Most reasons I get is, "I don't like to leave feedback". It does cause a false rating on the sellers and buyers to be represented. But as they say, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink out of the glass".

Quite a lot of my buyers are newbies that sign up and buy within a couple of minutes.
    I'm sad that they don't use my buddy point link to enrol, (maybe they do and it ain't working!) and also they don't leave feedback.
    I wish I could get more buddy points for sales, rather than feedbacks.
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical_Trish View Post
    Quite a lot of my buyers are newbies that sign up and buy within a couple of minutes.
    I'm sad that they don't use my buddy point link to enrol, (maybe they do and it ain't working!) and also they don't leave feedback.
    I wish I could get more buddy points for sales, rather than feedbacks.
    Same here Trish - I agree!

As for my feedback, I request it from a buyer once, then it's "let sleeping dogs lie"
    I've found 30% of my buyers don't leave feedback.
    I always leave them feedback.
    Feedback is totally voluntary either way IMO.
    We just have to "suck up" the 30%

I guess you're right there Old, I don't like to pursue newbie buyers for feedback either.
    I have tried it in the past, but it's fruitless, so I don't bother anymore and assume that all is well.
    I'm pretty sure that if they weren't too happy with the deal, then neutral or negative feedback would be left.
    I have got to the point now where I'm pleasantly surprised if they do leave a positive feedback!
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

Only been here a short while myself, but I have had 1 buyer and 1 seller not leave feedback, myself I always leave feedback.

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

Thread Information