Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It looks like eBid is creating duplicate listings

Default It looks like eBid is creating duplicate listings

When I went to bed last night I had 7,701 listings running. I note the number every night because of problems I've been having. Overnight, 22 listings closed as scheduled. They are all on my Auctions I Ran/Unsold Auctions page.

I still have 7,701 listings running. I went to the last page, number 155 and there is one listing on it. There are 50 listings per page. 50 times 154 = 7,700 and the one on page 155 creates a total of 7,701. The total count is correct.

??????
    I did a search for some of the closed listings and they are not running.
    Somewhere in this mass, there must be 22 duplicates created by eBid, and they are not the ones that closed last night.

Why is this happening?
    If someone reports one of these duplicates, is eBid going to delete them without notification?

Default Re: It looks like eBid is creating duplicate listings

I just reposted the 22 listings that closed last night. I now have 7,723 auctions running. I am sure there are 22 duplicates in there!

I am not inclined to spend my time trying to find and fix a problem caused by eBid's programs. My only concern is that I'm going to be punished for duplicate listings that I did not create.

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    Did you go to your About Me Page and then click the listings running total?
    As I said in my original post:

"I still have 7,701 listings running. I went to the last page, number 155 and there is one listing on it. There are 50 listings per page. 50 times 154 = 7,700 and the one on page 155 creates a total of 7,701. The total count is correct."

I got this count by bringing up the "Auctions I'm Running" and going to the last page. The arithmetic is correct.

I used the same method to verify that I now have 7,723 listings.

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    Did you go to your About Me Page and then click the listings running total?
    If you mean the page that comes up when I go into my Dashboard, and select "My All About Me" it brings up the editable page. That page does not show the number of listings I have running.

If you mean the page that comes up when someone selects "All About Tia's Treasures" here on the forum or from one of the listings, that shows 7,723 listings. This is the same incorrect number that is shown when I select "Auctions I'm Running" on my Dashboard page.

If you mean the page that comes up if someone goes directly to URL "http://us.ebid.net/users/TiasTreasures," that shows 7,723 listings. This is the same incorrect number that is shown in "Auctions I'm Running" on my Dashboard page.

Is there another page I'm not aware of that shows how many are running?

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am sure there is a problem, Tia. I suspect that the extra listings will be previously successful listings which have mysteriously relisted (I've had this happen).

What Marie is asking is about where you get your total from because... the list under myeBid>Auctions I'm running is often inaccurate, as is the number on your all about page. The only number which I find to be consistently correct is the link http://us.ebid.net/items/TiasTreasures

(which currently shows 7701, btw)
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    I am sure there is a problem, Tia. I suspect that the extra listings will be previously successful listings which have mysteriously relisted (I've had this happen).

What Marie is asking is about where you get your total from because... the list under myeBid>Auctions I'm running is often inaccurate, as is the number on your all about page. The only number which I find to be consistently correct is the link http://us.ebid.net/items/TiasTreasures

(which currently shows 7701, btw)
    Thank you, thank you, Madelaine. I am quite relieved to find out I do not have 22 duplicate items running! I'm even more relieved to find out I do not have 22 listings of items I already sold!

This is the first time I've ever seen this page (with "items" in the title). All the links I've found have "users" in the title, so I can just change that to "items" the next time I want to check.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm glad that my anguish in hunting for a reliable item count is of some use to someone else as well!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

If the count in the "auctions I'm running" is inaccurate that is a major issue which eBid needs to correct ASAP. For sold or otherwise ended listings to mysteriously re-post could cause serious problems for the seller.

Thread Information